Buying First Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too had never built a pc before. The guys here talked me into building, and they helped me out alot.

I am very glad I listened to them and built it myself....I got so much more for my money.

I am not sure about that Ram, you may be able to get some crucial ram, or corsair, for not much more. If you get an Asus motherboard, they seem to recommend corsair ram, although that is not necessary.

I really would not get an open box motherboard, because the you may be forced to buy all the extra cables you need...you should be able to find a good deal on a new and completely boxed motherboard.

You are gonna be very happy with your new pc..... I hope you enjoy building it and enjoy Crysis.

you picked a pretty high resolution monitor, so be aware that you may need to upgrade video cards more often than if you would have picked a lower resolution monitor. If you plan on running 2 video cards , then it will not matter.

That is gonna be a nice pc.

It's 50 more dollars to get one that isn't open box.

I don't know how to build a PC so I have no clue about cables, or anything like that.

I'm probably just going to google some sort of guide on how to build a PC.

It's 50 more dollars to get one that isn't open box.

I don't know how to build a PC so I have no clue about cables, or anything like that.

I'm probably just going to google some sort of guide on how to build a PC.

I joined up here a number of months ago not having built a computer in about 8 years. Three basic steps:

1) Get good stuff: Got that here
2) Get some good info on builds: Mobo manual and here
3) Fix little problems as they arise: got that here....

See the trend? The boys here know what they are talking about, I've built 4 comps in the last 5 months now, it's easier than you think. and if you do run into a problem, someone here will be able to help you.

I say go for it, nothing to lose except some time...but the experience you gain is great.

Didnt you read our posts???

Get a Samsung Spinpoint F1 or Seagate 7200.11 Hard Drive.

Not sure about that mobo, I dont like open box. Consider the MSI or eVGA 680i boards.

As for the case, I think that is ugly, but it is a matter of taste. IMO, the other Antec (900/P180) cases are much better looking., and the PC Power & Cooling 610W is a superior unit.

Also, Crucial Ballistix kills that RAM.

You forget price is an issue.

The HD you mentioned is pricier, and I'm 18 cents away from my budget.

Open Box or not, It was the cheapest 680i board I could find.

As for the case, It's a great deal, 130 bucks for that case and a 500W power supply (Which will help since I plan on getting a second 8800GT after xmas).

I could care less about the looks honestly.

As for the RAM, It's fine for It's price.

You forget price is an issue.

The HD you mentioned is pricier, and I'm 18 cents away from my budget.

Open Box or not, It was the cheapest 680i board I could find.

As for the case, It's a great deal, 130 bucks for that case and a 500W power supply (Which will help since I plan on getting a second 8800GT after xmas).

I could care less about the looks honestly.

As for the RAM, It's fine for It's price.

ur just asking for something bad to happen, Stock PSU cases = really bad in a lot of the cases...

ur just asking for something bad to happen, Stock PSU cases = really bad in a lot of the cases...

Agreed, to do sli you want a psu that is sli certified, and the 8800 series cards need juice, even my psu isnt certified to run two 8800gt's in sli, and it not cheap. Listen to the people here, they know what the **** theyre talking about.

Well this ones antec, so it isnt as bad as a raidmax or something. but i would say sli'd GTs is a big no-no on that unit.

thats true... but from what I've seen lately.. their TruePower's are kinda slipping in quality compared to the older ones... but ya.. SLI isn't recommended with that PSU, plus i don't think it even has two PCI-e Electrical Connectors...

Well this ones antec, so it isnt as bad as a raidmax or something. but i would say sli'd GTs is a big no-no on that unit.

thats true... but from what I've seen lately.. their TruePower's are kinda slipping in quality compared to the older ones... but ya.. SLI isn't recommended with that PSU, plus i don't think it even has two PCI-e Electrical Connectors...

I love mine, i think it might do two 8800gt's on sli since it has 3 12v rails and 17a on each, but i dont really care for it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom