Windows Vista Alt+Tab Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett573

In Runtime
First off I just wanna say I've had windows vista from the day it was released so I'm quite familiar with it. Recently however I did a clean install of it so I lost all my settings. My issue right now is with alt+tabbing. Here's my problem: When I'm playing a game like world of warcraft or something else, let's say I alt+tab to ventrilo. Now the ventrilo box is on top but the world of warcraft screen in the background turns black. Windows stops rendering it. I have windows aero engine turned off and I remember I had this issue when I first installed vista and I was able to turn it off and have all windows be rendered whether they were on top or not. I just can't remember how I did it. Did I explain my problem clearly? Anyways, anyone know how to change it? Thanks for your help!

If you are referring to minimizing a game screen to a window that would be the ALT+ENTER key combination that takes a game in full screen and reduces it to a window or back to full screen. With the 5 button MS TrackBall Explorer here that's a regular pain when you set the scroll button to alt to jump and in the Vista update there's no option for space bar for using things. :rolleyes:

I believe you could enable aero if there is no hardware issue and then start tab to desktop and later on to the window you want, so it shuld minimize the game.

For minimizing a game the alt+enter has always worked from 9X-Vista. The alt+tab combination in Vista is called the Windows Flip feature.

Windows Flip (ALT+TAB)
Windows Flip is an update to the feature known as ALT+TAB in previous versions of Windows. Windows Flip shows you live thumbnails of your open windows instead of generic icons, making it easier to quickly identify the windows you're looking for. One of the windows displayed will always be your desktop itself, giving you a fast and simple way to minimize all the open windows on your desktop.

ALT+TAB shows a tiny view of every window.
Windows Vista: Features Explained: Windows Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom