Will anyone use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Hi, im making a benchmark program especially for the Tech-Forum community, i was gonna call it 'Tech-Forum Bench' or something like that. Will anyone use this or are you all just gonna use PC/3DMARK06?

Okay well what kind of Benchmarks do you guys want in it, i just started but i have already a Particle Test and a Zip Decompression and File Delete Test.

The program is locked at 1280x1024 res so that all scores are even.

A 3d test capable of running on wide ranges of hardware would be awesome. I mean, anywhere from a TNT, Rage, etc all the way to an 8800GTX. Older cards may have to turn down the resolution, but I'd like some sort of comparison between new and old.

Also dhrystone and whetstone CPU benchmarks, SSE/SSE2/SSE3 etc support, dual-core support, 64-bit support (if applicable). I'd like to see it to use both OpenGL and DirectX for it's graphics benchmarks (separately of course) to compare the two (have the same scene rendered in both systems).

RAM test would be nice, maybe even an Internet test (say, how fast can your network card download the tech-forums homepage, or Google, or Youtube, or something like that).

Maybe also a Pi calculation (along the lines of SuperPi optimized for new CPU technologies).

I know it's a lot, but it's just some ideas I thought of. If you can't incorporate some of them, then big deal, programming is hard. But if you can, I'd love to see the above incorporated.

I'd also like it to log the results (along with CPU, OS, etc) to an HTML or TXT file or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom