Need opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that you couldn't use that board.

Man, if I was you I know what I would do. I would bank on that Ultra while you still can and save that cash for the Geforce 9800.

I was thinking of doing that, selling my GTX and buying a cheap card to hold me over like the 7600 or something until the 9800's come out because I'm sure its value has already dropped now that the 512 MB GTS is out, and it's only downhill from here. Only problem is I don't have an ebay account yet so I have no reputation I can work off of.

Krazyq, what you were saying sounds like a pretty good plan to me. Your ultra is still worth a lot but once the 9800 series is out its value will plummet. If you get the 3870's in crossfire then you'd be set for a good while.

Looks good KrazyQ.. I recommend the Gigabyte p35-ds3p if u want Crossfire or 680i a1 if u want SLi (I've seen great OC's with it) another option is to buy an SLi board, and buy mgcook's 8800ultra

i meant with the SLi option... because i already mentioned the Xfire part:
Looks good KrazyQ.. I recommend the Gigabyte p35-ds3p if u want Crossfire or 680i a1 if u want SLi (I've seen great OC's with it) another option is to buy an SLi board, and buy mgcook's 8800ultra

Edit : Sorry, I didn't read your post properly. Yea if you can sell it for $550-600 then yea get either two 8800GT (or HD3870), it should give you around 30% increase in performance.

But I have another idea, why don't just buy one 8800GT or HD3870 and then upgrade to 9 series

when ar ethe 9 series coming out?
and with one 8800gt, will i even have good performance and be able to max out cod4, play crysis and all?

are you also trying to say that i should do the step up program then?

i'd just stick w/ the ultra... cuz seriously... what games can you NOT play at full quality?!?!

besides crysis.. but even if you got a crossfire/SLi setup.. you still won't play it full quality anyway... so.. who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom