My PC is almost ready..

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechus9

In Runtime
Alright. I'm planning on building this thing the week of March 28th, so that means I'm ordering all the stuff in a week or two. Here's the list of all the parts I'm getting (all from Newegg):

- Chieftec Black Dragon Server Chassis with Window
- Enermax 431 Watt PSU
- Athlon XP 2400+ Retail
- Volcano 9 CPU Fan
- 512 MB Crucial PC 2700 x 2
- Maxtor DiamondMax 9 120 GB 7200 RPM IDE
- Asus A78NX (not deluxe) [yes Microbell, I'm still deciding...tell me what to do! :eek: ]
- EVGA GeForce 4 Ti4200 128 MB AGP8X
- Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Voyetra
- Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 Speakers
- LiteOn 52x24x52 Burner
- Floppy Drive
- KDS 17" CRT Monitor
- Optical (corded) mouse with standard keyboard
- Windows XP Pro
- Office XP Pro

This is all gonna cost be about $1260. How does this all sound do everyone? Suggestions anyone? I'm VERY open..because I am relatively new to the comp world;) .

MicroBell said:
The A7N8X and my Abit NF7-S both have built in sound..useing the nvidia "Sound Storm" MPC-T2 chip technology. From everything that I have read..as well as some of the guys I've talked to..this Sound Storm..is awsome.

I've heard some stuff about crackly sound and whatnot. But I'll see what's up anyways. I haven't heard about the bios issue though..I'll look up on that. But anyways, wouldn't the world be SO MUCH EASIER if we all lived in caves? No comps to deal with, no school, no money....all we need is ping pong tables and chalk and then we're set. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

Deal. But first, Microbell need's to get his mobo so he can answer my question. If the chipset problem is true, THEN I'll live in a cave. But you're coming with me.

About that, I researched a bit, and it seems as though the problem can be solved by replacing the 3.04V battery with a 3.3V one. However, I don't have enough experience to mess with the board! I don't really want to fug up even further a fugged up board..

Should of gotten a better video card... just cause its 8x AGP doesnt mean anything.. benchtests are proving that there is not difference between the 4x and the 8x . I would of gone with the Asus ti4200 or MSI ti4200 card over the EVGA... always go with a major brand name, cause they always have the best updates and support.

plasmaorb said:
Should of gotten a better video card... just cause its 8x AGP doesnt mean anything.. benchtests are proving that there is not difference between the 4x and the 8x . I would of gone with the Asus ti4200 or MSI ti4200 card over the EVGA... always go with a major brand name, cause they always have the best updates and support.
i agree and the boards seem to be more O/C friendly as well
and on the topic of onboard sound THG tested them in comparison to addin cards and it is said that the onboards slow your performance down a bit because it has to address the cpu more than the cards since they have a "processor" to do all the thinking for it so no need to use cpu for sound. I myself use my onboard sound but when i get some extra cash i plan to get a card as it will improve my PC's overall performance in respect to GAMING my main reason for building this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom