Orthos 8 hour pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!!! Guess how you can stress test and contribute to society ALL at the SAME TIME!! Yes, thats right folks you can stress test and give back to humanity all in one swift blow!!

SMP Folding.

Folding successfully through 2-3 Work units is just as good, no, its better than any stress test program!! This is because Stress test programs such as prime 95 and orthos benefit noone but the one using them.
Yes I had to say it again. Join our team already!! (Especially you people with quad cores!!)
Team number of :12864

what version is that?

try Prime95 v25.4.1.0

download at least that or a newer version if its out, then select Small FFT's.

and where it says "number of torture tests to run:" put in 4. then just click OK and watch it run.

here is a screen shot of mine after it ran for about 12 hours at 3.2Ghz:
32ghzstable.jpg

Hey guys!!! Guess how you can stress test and contribute to society ALL at the SAME TIME!! Yes, thats right folks you can stress test and give back to humanity all in one swift blow!!

SMP Folding.

Folding successfully through 2-3 Work units is just as good, no, its better than any stress test program!! This is because Stress test programs such as prime 95 and orthos benefit noone but the one using them.
Yes I had to say it again. Join our team already!! (Especially you people with quad cores!!)
Team number of :12864

How do you go about SMP Folding. I tried it a while back, but I think i was doing it wrong.

All you do is:
Download the SMP Client, Version 5.91 Beta.
Open the file that was downloaded, set it up for all users. Then you goto the SMP Folder in program files, open the install.bat file, when it says so, you press any key to exit. You then place the FAH.exe shortcut on your desktop, open it, fill out the required information.
This may be confusing but I will try to explain. The first time the client asks you for a user name, it is refering to your windows login name, and it's corresponding password. The next time it asks for your user name, the client is refering to the Name you use on the folding TEAM. Which in this case, will be your forum name. The exact name you use on these forums.
It will ask for a team Number, our team number is 12864.
It will then ask you five questions. You will want to answer NO to all of them.

This beta client does not yet have the correct code to start on boot up, so thats why you say no to that part. This is also why I told you to place the shortcut on your desktop. So once windows is loaded you can run the console at your own wish by double clicking the FAH.exe shortcut.
To close the console when shutting down or playing demanding games you will need to use CTRL + C. To close the console correctly.

I know, it may seem confusing at first. But once you do it more than once (And you MAY have to if you SCREW up) its easy..

I heard its confusing thought wether or not prime95 got an error since it doesnt report it obviously like Orthos does

SMP Folding is more sensitive than either. You will know if your Overclock is unstable if you get messages like.
Gromacs can no longer continue
File IO Error
Deleteing current work and continueing.

And of course restarts and blue screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom