Memory Timings Too High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you have DDR2 800, on a memory multiplier of two, you would need to overclock your Q6600 to 3.6 Ghz for your RAM to run at its rated speed. Anything less than 3.6 Ghz will mean your RAM is underclocked. Which is fine. There is no harm done.
We only reccomend this because we know the Q6600 G0 stepping can and has hit 3.6 Ghz many times.

so my Q6600 can get to 3.6 ghz without having any problems or is it something I would need to keep an eye on at all times and whats the voltage it would need to be at for that?

What cooler do you have. And is it a g0 stepping q6600. If you have a good cooler like a TRUE120 or TT-120 and its a g0, you should be able to hit 3.6. I've had mine as high as 4.0ghz so far.

Download cpu-z if you dont already have it. It will tell you if the cpu is B3 or G0. If its B3, with the zalmon you should still be able to get 3ghz out of it.

Good good, that means you have the newest stepping. So far i have had mine up to 4ghz, but i have the best possible air cooler on the market. So you should easily be able to get 3.4 or so on that zalman.

What about changing my multiplier to 6 and my fsb to 400 so its stilling running at 2.40ghz but the memory will be 1:1 would that work or is there a down side to that?

Why would you want to do that?
Are you the one who is having major problems overclocking?

What clocks have you tried? Any specific problems you are having?

Just try for a 3.2 Ghz clock right off the bat on Stock voltages.
With memory timmings of 5-5-5-15 and a System memory multiplier of two.
That is, have your RAM speed half of the effective front side bus.

Why would you want to do that?
Are you the one who is having major problems overclocking?

What clocks have you tried? Any specific problems you are having?

Just try for a 3.2 Ghz clock right off the bat on Stock voltages.
With memory timmings of 5-5-5-15 and a System memory multiplier of two.
That is, have your RAM speed half of the effective front side bus.
Yea that seems to run fine on those settings. Am I not able to run 4-4-4-12 under those conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom