Buy GT or wait???

Status
Not open for further replies.

<[MaTT]>

[$m] Steele Muffins
In the my new build im buying very soon i am thinking of having 2 8800gt's, because they seem very good value for money, and good performers, and 2 would run most games maxed out no problems. But i realise after Christmas, prices may drop and sales may go on, but then i hear sometimes graphics card prices go up sometimes, then on the sites im going to buy from they have some sales on now. And say if the 9800's come out they might make prices go down as well, and the new g92 8800gts looks like a good card that i could buy.

So you can see im a little overwhelmed and i dont want to buy something now, then see i could of waited and saved heaps of money. And i dont want to buy a card that will get raped by the g92 8800gts and in a few months it will cost the same price.

I need a bit of advice on when i should buy and what.

9 series is not coming to at least January with the newer release of the G92 Rev2.

I say wait for the new 8800GTS Rev2 based on G92 because thats only another week or so and it should be out December 11~14th.

I would wait until the new GTS comes out, then you will see. But I wouldn't wait until after christmas, there is always something better and cheaper just around the corner, and eventually you have to buy something.

Personally, I'm waiting till' February for the 9 Series. I really want a single slot solution that'll play Crysis at a minimum of 60 fps, I just hope that graphics cards start to ease up a little on the wallet. A graphics card costing more or even almost double a quad-core processor just doesn't make any sense to me at all. RAM's gotten cheaper, CPUs have gotten cheaper, mobos have gotten cheaper, PSU, cases, monitors... everything except graphics cards!

that's true. I'm looking to upgrading my graphics card too, i was going to get an 8800gt this weekend with my next paycheck, but is it better to wait? I have crysis too and right now i play decent on low settings, but i want higher resolutions

didnt we just have a benchmark posted up comparing the two?
if i remember correctly, the 8800GTS performed only about 10% better.
but, surely it will cost more than 10% more than an 8800GT.
so, price/performance 8800GT unless the cost is down on the gts.

I'd just get the 8800GT and get the new 9 series when it comes out next year ;D

Darnit! i can't find any 8800GT's in stock in VIC stores.. i might go down to msy n check em out next week ~ and pray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom