AM2+ with SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, all of the AM2+ boards are created by ATi
no, they aren't created by ATI. They just use ATI chipsets.
As far as I know the B3 stepping is going to decrease the performance of Phenom per clock because it includes the bug fix for TLB. Thats what the article at Techreport and dailytech says, right ?
Actually, no. the TLB fix is not really a fix; it's a workaround. The workaround disables part of the TLB functions that causes the error.
They can't actually fix the CPU's that already have the problem.
The B3 stepping quad's will have the TLB error fixed properly, not just having a workaround.

After a google search, I think the B3 quad's will be called 9550 and 9650, and apparently will have better performance, not worse.
I'm not sure if they will actually perform better, but I know they won't perform worse.

B3 quad's will have the TLB bug fixed, and will at the very least be able to clock higher than B2 quads

i think this tpb bug is very exagerated, what i had herd was it would only create a system freeze in conditions only replicable in amd labs alltho it does exist on some of the current chips, and does slow them down.

i think this tpb bug is very exagerated, what i had herd was it would only create a system freeze in conditions only replicable in amd labs alltho it does exist on some of the current chips, and does slow them down.
Exactly. The chances of actually having a crash due to the TLB error are very very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom