When to upgrade to vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am is satisfied! :D

seriously, could be a lucky person but dangz if it don't run and smoothly at that for me

And I thought I was off my rocker!!
:p

Anyone who is satisfied with Vista AT this VERY moment has to more nutzs than I...
Well i have been known to be a bit off my rocker...
Well you guys must have lower standards than I, I guess, thats the only explanation.. :p

Now this is so not true. And for a Mod to say such a thig is inappropiate. Just cause we like Vista doesnt mean we have low standards. I think Vista looks great. Much better than XP. BY DEFAULT. Not with Windowsblinds or using a UXTheme patch. It also does run smooth if you have the right system. On my P4 3.4GHz with 3GB of DDR2 RAM there isnt much difference between running XP or Running Vista. vista actually takes better care of my resources cause it knows how to handle the Dual Channel RAM.

So to say we have low expectations is just wrong. I have run XP and Vista. Both are fine OS's. Maybe it is you who has to high of expectations? Ever think of that? Maybe you are so used to XP that you think it should be the ground work for all Windows OS's and that is where YOU would be wrong not us. We have taken Vista for what it is. A NEW OS. Not XP.

Just cause some people are not happy with XP doesnt mean others wont be. Stop trying to push your opinions on those who actually like Vista. Being a part of the staff i figured you would at least try to see that is what you are doing.

Stop trying to push your opinions on those who actually like Vista. Being a part of the staff i figured you would at least try to see that is what you are doing.

Oh I don't think you understand, I have much higher expectations then you think. Much Higher...

And, Im not trying to force my opinion on anyone. You can have whatever opinion you like. But that doesn't mean I cannot voice my opinion. It could be said in other similar threads that you were trying to force your opinion on others. And thats fine by me, I won't bite though. :p

And you shouldn't over react when I use :p. :p shows one is not being serious..
:p is universal for I am not being serious, Jeez...
So please calm down. Lol.

Ohh I am calm. I just dont think it is fair to judge people cause we think Vista is good. Just cause you have such high expectations doesnt me we all do. I expect the software to do what i ask of it. Which Vista does. It does it jsut as well as XP. Maybe a second or 2 slower but it still does it.

Unlike everyone else who says Vista sucks and bashes it for not being XP i take it for what it is. I think people should stop having such high expectations of Vista. Even Leopard is not faster than Tiger. Leopard has shown that it slows down some systems just like Vista. shocking i know. But just goes to show the more you try and put into a OS the more you slow ti down. Even Apple has found this out.

I dont care if you voice you opinion. But you should not voice your opinion about members. Say what you want about the software. But when you say that we dont expect as much. that is taking your opinion out of hte bounds of software and aiming it at people. Even in a joking manner. I always say that it is my opinion about Vista. Cause i know it isnt shared. Even SP1, which does show a increase in perofrmance but not as much as people want, will not make you folks happy. I expect more than you think. But i also know that Vista isnt as bad as you people make it out to be. You folks just have a vendeta against Vista. I dont. :p

I am hawt and my wife is so cute, we both have amazing moral values...how can we have low standards?!!! :p

it's a friday :D

let me tell you what I just did this week. a friend of my wife stayed up all night at a store on thanksgiving to get a great deal on a computer.

she got an emachine t3638 with a flat panel for 300 bucks. it has an intel 420 1gig ram, 160 gig hdd and a dvd burner. a great deal

I had just put together a computer that had an amd 3400 with mobo (82 bucks) case (20 bucks) 512 ram (20). I already had the 80 gig hdd and powersupply. I puta sata dvd burner (35 buck) in it but swapped it with a sata cd rom when I bought this other dell computer so I can sell that dell for more money.

anyway I had 120 invested in this machine. I was selling it for 250.

she came over to get me to fix her computer. it was slower than molasses. it was slower than a dead turtle. it had vista. whenever she type a letter in word 2003. it would type like 30 seconds later. I unchecked everything in msconfig and disable user account control. it still did it. I uninstall office 2003 and installed 2007. big mistake. it took almost 2 hours to install 2007.

I then explain to her how vista is the problem. I showed here my machine with 2007. she trade me then and there. she made me take her computer. I was feeling bad about the deal

fine with me. I wiped it, put xp on it (with 2007). it's fine now and I'm now asking 500 bucks for it (I will take 400).

anybody want to buy a vista key? pm me. 40-50 bucks gets it. I think that I will start doing this as I've wipe at least 30 machines to give people xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom