Best mobo for Q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
Any recommendations for a great mobo for Q6600 preferably between $150-200. If there is a great board up to $250 that is a possibility also.

x38 supports crossfire, 680i support SLI. The x38 is the newest chipset on the market while the 680i is somewhat older. If you plan to go dual 8800GT pick up the evga 680i board. I love mine, so far ive had my q6600 up to 4ghz.

That is what I thought. I don't know if I plan on going SLI or not, but I have always bought SLI boards to leave the option open.

I was looking at the eVGA board also. I am probably going to send my 8800GT in for step up for the 8800GTS 512 when it comes out, unless they come out with something even better.

Yeah so depending on your video card, you can get either one. If you want nVidia, like most people do, then get the 680i board. the 680i chipset is really solid too, and has made a reputable name for itself.

is there a new nforce 780i chipset coming out soon?

anyone know the specs on that?

i like the maximus formula i think it came out before the abit one n thats where it got the idea of onboard power switch, anyway the formula also comes with a decent sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom