computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunsmoke

Baseband Member
ok i my hp 7965 has a couple of problems that needs to be fixed.
specs
Pentium(R) 4 1.7 GHz 400fsb
Intel 845 chipset
2x256mb 133 sdr
nvidia tnt2 32mb
Lg Cd-rw ced 8120b( cant find any drives for this)
win xp

1. i hit start and i click run i type in msconfig or shutdown
i see the screen come up and this before i can read or click any thing on the new window it closes on me.

2. my color qaulity is running at 4 BIT!!!!!!!!! its so hard to see anything and if i run in safe mode everything is fine runs at 32 bit(i think not sure but w/e is the norm)

3 cd rom wont run warcraft 3. i can install it but cant play it. gives me check if your cd disc is your tray error.

please help me and thanks for all the help

1. I have no clue what you said.

2. was it like this when you got it? I'm going to assume no. Try going to the preferences video tab, and changing the quality to 24 (32 bit doesn't exist, as far as i know). If that doesn't work, try reinstalling/updating drivers first for your mo-bo, then for the AGP interface, then for the vid card. Third, it is possible that something is wrong with your video card, and it is causing the system to go into software rendering, which screwes everything up and was the pre-eminent problem in my 3-day struggle with an OEM radeon 9200 that i later returned.

3. Uninstall WC3, reinstall. If possible, use a different optical drive.

Also, a quick google search for "LG 8120b drivers" promptly gave me several sites with drivers for that particular cd-drive.

ok i updated my vid card drivers and that fixes the 4 bit color qaulity.

to explain #1 better
hmm.. whenever i try to run msconfig it closes down on me before i can read or do anything. Its like it shows your msconfig for a couple of secs 10 secs tops and then by ITSELF it exits out. is that better??

i've reinstalled wc3 the cd rom drive and dvd drive( doesnt work any way) MANY times no help there.

thanks for all the help zavod.

How long ago was it when you noticed your computer working correctly? What may have caused the problem (searching a nasty website, installation of new drivers/hardware) do you have AntiVirus software? If so run a scan of your computer. Do you think your copy of Warcraft III is pirated? If so that may be the problem, if I were you I'd create a system restore point and then restore my computer to a time you knew it was working correctly. You can get to system restore by clicking Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. If none of this helps I would recommend either reinstalling XP or doing a repair. Hope that helped.

A few things I forgot to mention. If you did a virus scan and came up empty check for an erroneous program in your system processes by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and clicking on the processes tab. Look under the CPU column for any processes using an excessive amount of CPU. Try disabling the process if you think it is the culprit and then try opening msconfig again. Windows will run with everything disabled under the Startup tab so searching through there and disabling everything that isn't needed by your computer like printer drivers, etc may solve your problem. The reason you don't have problems in safe mode is because whatever is doing this to your computer is not being loaded. By finding out the cause you can disable it in msconfig or the registry (if it's not under msconfig). Good luck finding the problem!

4 months ago is when my computer was working fine. I had nortans and it did nothing. Wc3 isn't pirated. I tried system restore still same problems.

DONT ENTER THIS SITE
http://ofumag.outhost.info/
that site has been umm i dunno how to explain this umm.. really annoying.
if i dont type http:// when trying to go to a website it redirects to http://ofumag.outhost.info/. Also windows media player is GONE instead of it there is a new icon with an X and if i click it it takes me to http://ofumag.outhost.info/.

Also i cant download spybot search and destroy or any other anti spybots. whenever i'm done downloading them i keep getting this error. i forget what it said since now whenever i try to download it, internet explorer exits out.

sounds nasty ;/

I would recommend backing up important data, burn after scanning for viruses if possible, then format your hard drive and reinstall windows. You can remove the spyware from your computer manually but it sounds to me like it has done alot of damage already. You would have to pick through your Internet Explorer files and try to locate the dirty spyware. Once you find it delete it. You can also change your registry entries so that Internet Explorer does not load it when it starts up. Also do the stuff I told you in the last posts including msconfig. If all else fails reinstall windows. That's about all I can tell you. In the future stay away from malicious websites and turn your internet security up a notch. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom