Phenom 9500 Mobo Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon1 said:
I have right to suggest what ever I want, whether you like it or not.
Can't a guy be a smart aleck anymore? Besides, it is a pet peeve of mine... when someone asks for something, people take it upon themselves to try to push something else on them. As in a guy asks about the best GFX card for $100 and a dozen people tell him to go ahead adnd spend the extra for a 8800GT. The guy said $100... what part doesn't anyone get?

Anyway, Rico, that mobo uses the 770, not the 790FX (top end chip). Odds are it would get the job done, though, since you aren't gaming or pushing the envelope.

It cost slightly less but it performs much slower

And Phenom 9500 have erratum bug. AMD have a fix for this bug but it reduce performance by around 10-%20

check this
DailyTech - Understanding AMD's "TLB" Processor Bug

Here is a cheap intel mobo that have 3 PCI slots
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Q6600 ($260)
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - OEM

he didnt ask for Intel. I dont think he needs the BIOS update ONLY if he plans to OC over 2.4GHz

Did he ask about an Intel? No. Thanks for playing.

There's not a lot of AM2+ boards out yet, if that is what you are after, Rico. However, the ASUS M3A mobo has 3 PCI slots. I found it on ZZF:
ASUS M3A AMD Phenom Socket AM2+ 2000 MHz PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) ATX Motherboard Retail at ZipZoomfly

It is currently out of stock, though.

question RicoDirenzo, u planning on OCing?

if not, then dont upgrade to the latest BIOS update n get this mobo Trottor recommended.

No, I won't be ocing the board. I have done that on the E6600 but the am2 6000+ doesn't like to be oc'd all that much. I plan on running the phenom stock. BTW I don't get lag with my studio software. It uses 100% cpu both cores. I'm hoping the Quad will release some bandwidth. When I am wave processing, I can't muti task with out hang up.

No, I won't be ocing the board. I have done that on the E6600 but the am2 6000+ doesn't like to be oc'd all that much. I plan on running the phenom stock. BTW I don't get lag with my studio software. It uses 100% cpu both cores. I'm hoping the Quad will release some bandwidth. When I am wave processing, I can't muti task with out hang up.

oh ok. I dont think ive heard of wave processing, interesting.

hey trottor *or anyone else*, is it NOT a good idea to update to the latest BIOS update since he isnt OCing? I mean, the TLB happens when the processors hits 2.4GHz n decreasing performance by 10% is bad but worse for those that dont OC, right?

i think the bios patch will affect the performance negatively even if cpu is clocked at or below 2.4ghz
from what i have been reading, the bug is really only rearing its ugly head in lab tests. ie its VERY unlikely that it will happen to you. just the fact that it could happen is the kicker.

i think the bios patch will affect the performance negatively even if cpu is clocked at or below 2.4ghz
from what i have been reading, the bug is really only rearing its ugly head in lab tests. ie its VERY unlikely that it will happen to you. just the fact that it could happen is the kicker.

well ya the point is, the bug is there, but when it happens, ur screwed either way. The solution is to not buy 9500, 9600, n 9700 unless u lack the info behind the problem of the Phenom, which cause there r people that lack it but not all.

tru nuff. we place our expectations on hardware, which is just how we are.
joe-blow consumer doesnt even know what overclocking is.
nor would they be likely to tell the difference in performance between a q6600 and a phenom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom