Phenom 9500 Mobo Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Here is the deal. I need a mobo with 3 PCI slots. None of the mobo's on Newegg for this CPU have more than two PCI slots. I want this for functions relative to studio recording not gaming. Secondly, this Quad costs much less than Intel (as far as I can see). Any help will be greatly apprciated!!!

It cost slightly less but it performs much slower

And Phenom 9500 have erratum bug. AMD have a fix for this bug but it reduce performance by around 10-%20

check this
DailyTech - Understanding AMD's "TLB" Processor Bug

Here is a cheap intel mobo that have 3 PCI slots
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Q6600 ($260)
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - OEM

Wow. You saved me some time and money! Totally cool!

dont forget to get a HSF with your processor. OEM chips dont come with one.
this one is the retail that has HSF:
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

the price/performance makes the phenom look good. its not that much slower, but the TLB bug is a little worriesome.
although, all of the reviews i have read have taxed the phenoms and not encountered any problems. the bios patch will reduce performance as maroon says anywhere from 10-20%.
without it, it performs well.

If you get the Q6600, dont run it on the stock H/S/F. Get at least an AF7, preferably a TRUE.

Also, the phenoms aren't bad chips at all. They perform excellently fast.

Nearly 1k posts!

I want, actully, to attempt to support AMD as much as possible. I have a core 2 E6600(1066 fsb) and AM2 6000+. From my end, not gaiming or bench marking, both are spectacularly fast for my needs. I am interested in quad because my studio software constantly bags my dual cores at 100%! (Adobe Audtion and Waves) with tripple Delta 1010 PCI processing in ASIO. The AM2E6600 are maxed out!

Did he ask about an Intel? No.

First: He wants a Mobo that have 3 pci slots, but he was not able to find AMD Mobo with more than 2 pci slots

Second: During pentium 4 days many AMD fans were suggesting Athlon64 even when the author of the thread didn't ask about AMD.

Third: I have right to suggest what ever I want, whether you like it or not.

I want, actully, to attempt to support AMD as much as possible. I have a core 2 E6600(1066 fsb) and AM2 6000+. From my end, not gaiming or bench marking, both are spectacularly fast for my needs. I am interested in quad because my studio software constantly bags my dual cores at 100%! (Adobe Audtion and Waves) with tripple Delta 1010 PCI processing in ASIO. The AM2E6600 are maxed out!

Waves doesnt lag my system down, and im using a usb audio mixer and sonar as my daw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom