Good Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinG

Baseband Member
Hey,

lookin at getting a intel 2.8 ghz northwood and just oc it to 3.0 or around that. And i have budget, 800 $. the mother board im looking that P4C800-E DELUXE is abit price for me (15 year old working 12 hours a week, 6$ an hour). And i need a computer bad. So Anyone have a good motherboard as close to or higher preformance as the P4C800-E DELUXE with a price tag less then 140 ? (Has to be good for gaming to)

Thanks

Ohh yeah, would u suggest a ti4600 128mb over a FX5700 128 ?

Later
Kevin

I have the 4600 its ancient though dude get like something newer and better its a good card though with hella good drivers. and damn only 12 hours a week im 15 and pushing 48 hours this week. would say get an asus board though i run only intels but you will want to overclock eventually so get an Asus or Gigabyte from my past hear says.

well actuallt around 15 hours a week, but its my boss who give me my times , not to mention i just started 2 weeks ago and there 15 people working in a place the size of a small room.

but you now of any good asus boards with a lower price, but that are still really good ?

An Abit motherboard for overclocking, or a up-to-date MSI board, as they are getting a lot better for OC'ing.

Personally I would recommend a 128MB ATI Radeon 9600 XT.

i have a 2.8 p4 as well and i use a gigabyte ga-8ik1100 motherboard that i have had no problems with and i am overclocker to 3.37 ghz right now and i have gone a little higher without changing the voltage and still stable. also a good price.

with the IC7 G..... it tell me it has 2xATA ports does this mean i have to use SATA hard drive or could i use an UIDE ?

Thanks for the info so far :)
Kevin G

If you are really under budget, why not get an AMD one instead of Intel? The performance isn't much worse and its much cheapter..

i dont have the best of luck with AMD, two amp XP chips one didnt work when i first got it, when i reciveve the replacement i used it and it ran nice, but then the cpu fan stopped and the chip overheated.... or at least i think it did..... was super hot, and didnt work ? plus i just really like Intel abit more.... preferance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom