When to upgrade to vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I just found out I can't use DirectX 10 till I get vista. Is vista still having lots of problems like it was I'm not sure I want to upgrade to it just yet if it is having problems.

wait for SP1 to be released completely. If it has any positive reviews, then get an OEM version. If not, dont bother. Xp SP3 is supposed to be about 25% faster than vista SP1 in some gaming benchies (at equivalent setting naturally), so its best if you pull the reins and wait for a month or two

i have UPDGRADED to vista...loves it. Truth be told, I have encountered no problems, and none of the errors many proclaim. I have never encountered a bsod on Vista, during all a few beta stages and retail with my Ultimate (or rather, oem)

works, great...and does what it does well...at least IMO.
I run mainstream apps, new and old, dosbox, emus from all over. Works, no BSODs. Yahoo tends to hang it...but that's more yahoo than not. Use it for chatting with family.

But today I got the sp1 installed
Also, yahoo sent a note about Yahoo for Vista, finally! So got that going too.

If you know how to really use your computer, and you don't expect silliness where it shouldn't be...then you'll be ok. Much like the people who buy firewall apps, and complain that the firewall app keeps giving them warnings! Buy a product for what it's meant for and not what you wish it could do, and you're all set.

and you tend to not have so many problems with legit software ;)

i have UPDGRADED to vista...loves it. Truth be told, I have encountered no problems, and none of the errors many proclaim. I have never encountered a bsod on Vista, during all a few beta stages and retail with my Ultimate (or rather, oem)

Same here. I've had some blue screens, but most of them were because of me. Either I tried to OC to high, or I messed up something else. I did have one that wasn't my fault that turned out to be my video card driver. I updated it and that fixed the problem.

If you want to upgrade, then upgrade. You can always go back to XP if you encounter problems you can't fix, although I doubt you will.

DX10 is nothing that great compared to the performence hit taken in Vista.
Everyone acts like, ""OMFG's DX10 this and that, OMFG its so uber!!!!"" When its not...
XP Pro for a long long very long time.

Iono, too many people bad mouth Vista because everyone else is doing it. I say form your own opinion and try it. Two people in here say that they use it and it runs fine. You'll be alright with Vista, plus most people are going to have to merge over to the "Vista lane" soon anyways. lol

Iono, too many people bad mouth Vista because everyone else is doing it. I say form your own opinion and try it. Two people in here say that they use it and it runs fine. You'll be alright with Vista, plus most people are going to have to merge over to the "Vista lane" soon anyways. lol

We didn't merge with ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom