interesting conclusion to an AMD/intel comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: intersting conclusion to an AMD/intell comparison

Ya i never understood the whole fanboi phenomenon(pun intended). My first pc was an amd, 2nd was an amd, this last one is intel. I go where the price/performance is, i dont see how people can just be sheep and stick with one company and badmoth another for no reason.

Ya i never understood the whole fanboi phenomenon(pun intended). My first pc was an amd, 2nd was an amd, this last one is intel. I go where the price/performance is, i dont see how people can just be sheep and stick with one company and badmoth another for no reason.

i agree. my first 2 pc's were AMD, and this past one was intel. When i begin to build my next computer (hopefully in jan) i'll be looking at whoever gives me the most for my money whether it be Intel or AMD.

went through 3 amd processors before I went to Intel. Now this is my 4th C2D

Review on TLB bios patch
Phenom TLB patch benchmarked - The Tech Report - Page 1

Takes about a 14% performance hit overall, and in synthetic memory tests all the way up to 57%.

And I've been thinking this for awhile, this TLB thing should have been spotted long before Phenom was presented publicly and certainly shows that AMD is not on top of things. Let's hope the new revision fixes everything.

So wait. The bug causes better performance??? Does it cause the chip to stop working or crash whats the problem?

the bug can cause the system to crash when all 4 cores are under a heavy load.
the bios patch reduces performance, at the cost of eliminating (supposedly) the risk of the errata crashing the system.
anyone buying a phenom before the new revision is silly. its not the fact that the bug will definitely cause a system crash, it may not. its the fact that it could happen.
interesting article, gurusan.

Yes i dont understand it but still, im a devout ATi fanboi who woud never put an nVidia card in his system... never mind install nvidia software on his system... never mind buy an nvidia card.

Yes i dont understand it but still, im a devout ATi fanboi who woud never put an nVidia card in his system... never mind install nvidia software on his system... never mind buy an nvidia card.

? why. I've had both ATI and Nvidia cards and have loved them all.

Just waiting for some more cash for either a 8800GT or 3870....because I miss running everything on max + full AA and AF.

Honestly I dont know. Im not scared of it or anything its just that I have an unintentional (and unwanted) fanboiism.

its like my AMD preference, sometimes it is irrational. but, oh well :eek:
thats just how it beez.

Some might call me a vw fanboy, but if someone handed me the keys to a s2000 i wouldnt turn it down :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom