AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ie nobody lol
There is a big market for them (especially in places like Japan, which have a lot of offices with very little space). It's just that it doesn't get noticed much.

Via does have some good stuff. It won't suit people looking for the highest performance, but it will suit people who need something that's adequate for everyday stuff (word, email, watching videos), and will do so very efficiently.

I think a complete mini-ITX platform with a Via Eden processor and integrated graphics can use as little as about 25-35W total power.
Your average enthusiast desktop (including core 2 rigs) will use about 10 times that, or more.

I quite like the Via Eden processors. Not as far as performance, but as far as efficiency. By themselves, I believe they will consume about 1W power on full load, and about 0.1W on idle.

ie nobody lol

Actualy quite a few people, they are the most used processor when it comes to carputers, ya know, the ones people buy or build and throw into there car for GPS/music/movies/internet and SEVERAL other things, I have installed 25 of those darned things in several cars and the VIA processor is just right because of the power supply that is used with these computers, you usualy wont see a high wattage one. I would hate to see a P4 being pushed by one of those power supplys

Fanboys tend to like to cry and flame, and that applies to both sides of the aisle.

I will reserve my judgment on Phenom until there is more in the public channels. Early processors are either ungodly overclockers or buggy. While I don't think these are buggy, I also know that these will not be all that Phenom will achieve. Once the second crop comes in, we'll see what Phenom will actually do.

For now, though, Intel is still one up on AMD.

exactly. The TLB bug is really killing the early Phenoms. We need to wait for 9900 n FXs to come out to see how well the Phenoms really do.

I'll be getting an MSI K9A2 Platinum, and a Phenom.

i just got mine today! I ordered it yesterday n got to me in one day!

joke guys.
joke.
:)

put /sarcasm from now on, otherwise ppl will think u r serious, seriously.

From reviews I've read so far, the quad core Kentsfield (Q6600--not their extreme version) still outperformed the new AMD Phenom line of quad cores.

AMD Phenom 9600 Benchmarked and Reviewed: Content Creation: 3D Modeling and Rendering Benchmarks

Most benchmarks, Intel has the edge while a few of the tests see little change in performance for both platforms. Feel free to browse around that article. Some good reading.

sure, but dont consider the Phenom worthless if that is what ur thinking. The darn TLB bug is causing the problems, n these r B2 stepping not B3 stepping, so OCing is very good from what i understand.

wait.. you got the mobo today, or the cpu!!!!! man i went to fry's the other day and saw the phenoms there.. i nearly wet my pants...

i don't know what it is about amd.. but i get way more stoked over their parts than intels... no idea why... :) guess i just love amd!

****in EVGA emailed me again:
Question (12/13/2007 6:50:46 AM): another follow up question about the 590 SLI/phenom. why not just offer an actual NEW BIOS CHIP and removal clips to those of us that own the mobo? like you guys did with your older stuff... if that is the limitation, anyway. i dont see what else it could be. we're all aware it wont run HT 3.0. im sure most owners of this mobo would be more than willing to pay for the chip and clips and shipping and everything. i surely would.
Answered By jcrimmins (12/13/2007 8:24:40 PM): James, The highest cpu that the 590 SLI will support is the X2 6000+. Unfortunately the 6400+ and AM2+ CPU's such as AMD Phenom chips are not supported. Thank you for emailing EVGA. -EVGA Tech Team

LOL NO **** BUTTMUNCH....did i ask if it was supported? NO.
i swear, i want to put my fist thru that guys face.

my reply:
you guys just lost ANOTHER loyal customer. i didnt ask if it was supported, i asked IF IT WOULD BE SUPPORTED. the circle of users (and i mean HIGH END users) that i pal around with and recommend your hardware to are EXTREMELY disturbed by the way we are being patronized here. and not just AMD users, i can assure you. we have stuck with your company thru thick and thin and this is how we are being repaid. there is a simple workaround with this problem, and you guys wont even consider it, on top of that you have tech support personel pretty much LYING to people in forums all over the place.
not a good way to keep customers buying your products. if you guys would support your existing products (THAT YOU STILL SELL) instead of constantly cramming new stuff (that we just MUST have) down our throats, you probably wouldnt be getting 100 emails like this every day.

grrrrrrrrr......

Down, boy, down. Don't make me break out the water-cannon... ;)

I know the feeling, bud.

You might want to look at Foxconn for future BIOS updates. It is actually Foxconn that manufactures the eVGA 590 boards, which are the same thing as the C51XEM2AA.

the BIOS's for the C51XEM2AA work in the eVGA 590 board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom