Is any of this good?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLight

Solid State Member
I'm going to do a complete rebuild. To get the best computer I can get. Tell me if I can do better or if I'm missing anything.

HTML:
BFG - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX Graphics Card
Buffalo Technology - TeraStation Live 2TB Multimedia Storage Server
Hitachi - DeskStar 1TB Internal Hard Drive
LG - 16x Internal Blu-ray Disc/ HD DVD Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive
Thermaltake - Toughpower 1200-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply
Corsair - Nautilus500 External CPU Water Cooling Kit
Dynex® - 4.7" CPU Cooling Fan
Antec - Nine Hundred Gaming Case - Black
Intel® - Core™2 Extreme Processor E6800
Dynex® - 4-Port USB 2.0 PCI Desktop Card
BFG - AGEIA PhysX Physics Accelerator Card
Creative Labs - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card
Dynex® - Desktop 10/100 PCI Network Card 
LG - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor
PNY - XLR8 2-Pack 1GB PC2-8500 DDR2 DIMM Desktop Memory
XFX - NVIDIA nForce 680i Ultra MCP SLI ATX Motherboard (Socket 775)
APC - 1500VA Battery Back-Up System
APC - 1500VA Battery Back-Up System
Bose - Companion® 5 Multimedia Speakers

There are quite a few poor choices there... but before I start shouting out advice... what is your budget?

scrap that whole build as it is all old or poor choices. im not sure why u have a 2TB server in there either XD.
tell us ur budget and then we can provide you with a list of best choices in your range

Money don't matter ;) Any price will do.

And the 2TB server is for web hosting/backups and all.

There's alot of unnecessary stuff there. If you want something similar to that then here's a good match:
-CPU, go for quad core man, alot cheaper too.
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
-Motherboard, ABit IP35 Pro
Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
-Videocard, 8800gtx you wanted
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
-RAM, Crucial Ballistix will do you fine
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
-PSU, you dont need all that get Corsair
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

Stick with the Antec Case, but as for the blue ray, the TB hard drives, the water cooling kit, the battery back ups, the graphics accelerator card, the PCI ethernet card, and the sound card: half of that stuff you don't need, and half you could go with something way cheaper and still have great performance.

Well i mean they are both the same chipset, and they are both reputable companies with solid boards. The Abit IP35 regular edition is probably equal to your MSI, but this board is the "pro" version you know so it has some added features and accessories. Can't go wrong with either though. Both great boards.

There's alot of unnecessary stuff there. If you want something similar to that then here's a good match:
-CPU, go for quad core man, alot cheaper too.
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
-Motherboard, ABit IP35 Pro
Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
-Videocard, 8800gtx you wanted
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
-RAM, Crucial Ballistix will do you fine
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
-PSU, you dont need all that get Corsair
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

Stick with the Antec Case, but as for the blue ray, the TB hard drives, the water cooling kit, the battery back ups, the graphics accelerator card, the PCI ethernet card, and the sound card: half of that stuff you don't need, and half you could go with something way cheaper and still have great performance.

I need the ethernet card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom