AM2+ with SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, all of the AM2+ boards are created by ATi, so they only support quad-crossfire. But, you could always use a regular AM2 board to use the Phenoms since they are backwards compatible, so if u want SLi with one of those, get an Nforce based one

no, all of the AM2+ boards are created by ATi, so they only support quad-crossfire. But, you could always use a regular AM2 board to use the Phenoms since they are backwards compatible, so if u want SLi with one of those, get an Nforce based one

ya, but the AM2 mobos will not make the Phenoms perform very good as an AM2+ can. Although, with that TLB bug right now, their shouldnt me a huge differ from AM2 n AM2+ at the moment.

Have to wait until around March to get B3 stepping Phenoms, 9900 n above. THEN we all will see the true potential of the Phenom!

ya, but the AM2 mobos will not make the Phenoms perform very good as an AM2+ can. Although, with that TLB bug right now, their shouldnt me a huge differ from AM2 n AM2+ at the moment.

Have to wait until around March to get B3 stepping Phenoms, 9900 n above. THEN we all will see the true potential of the Phenom!

that too.. plus the HTT bus support isn't as great as the 790fx

Although, with that TLB bug right now, their shouldnt me a huge differ from AM2 n AM2+ at the moment.

I like to see some proof for that ?

As far as I know the B3 stepping is going to decrease the performance of Phenom per clock because it includes the bug fix for TLB. Thats what the article at Techreport and dailytech says, right ?

Did you tell him to wait until March :p ? He can get Q6600 right now, and it seems that it performs as good as 9900, if not better
In my opinion, there no reason to waste your time waiting for something useless like that....

maroon1 said:
As far as I know the B3 stepping is going to decrease the performance of Phenom per clock because it includes the bug fix for TLB. Thats what the article at Techreport and dailytech says, right ?
Actually, that is for the current BIOS workaround, not the chips themselves. The B3 stepping should be free and clear.

In my opinion, there no reason to waste your time waiting for something useless like that....
You have your opinion, just like everyone else. But I wouldn't call it useless. I'm with AMD like I am with Ford... Both have done well by me, so I choose that brand when I have a choice. I am not alone in that regard.

If you currently have an AM2 CPU, order everything but the CPU. You can use the AM2 in an AM2+ board and then snag a B3 when they hit the market. I look for AMD to push them earlier than March.

the b3's will have different designations, correct ie 9550 & 9650? i hope so, otherwise you will still have a chance of getting one (like the q6600) until the old are all gone.

the b3's will have different designations, correct ie 9550 & 9650? i hope so, otherwise you will still have a chance of getting one (like the q6600) until the old are all gone.

well according to dailytech, the 9900 n up will be B3 stepping, n the 2.4GHz 9700 is coming out mid-December, but will still have the TLB bug. Why would AMD release the 9700 not fixed when the TLB affects the processor n other Phenoms at 2.4GHz n higher?

lol, what is AMD thinking.

EDIT:

DailyTech - Understanding AMD's "TLB" Processor Bug

"The delayed Phenom 9700 is affected by the TLB bug, though AMD insiders tell DailyTech the upcoming 2.6 GHz Phenom 9900 is not affected. This indicates Phenom 9900 will carry the B3-stepping designation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom