Building a new computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, what if I just left the RAM config with 4 GB but still used 32bit? I know it wouldn't recognize all 4 GB but, would it mess it up? And if thats the case, is it worth it to go to 64bit?

quick comment no the ram thing..
I talked to a guy that works at staples and he was telling me that Windows PC's cant use more than 2GB of Ram.... is that true? Because that seemed ridiculous to me.

quick comment no the ram thing..
I talked to a guy that works at staples and he was telling me that Windows PC's cant use more than 2GB of Ram.... is that true? Because that seemed ridiculous to me.

he's a moron... it reads like 3gb on 32bit, reads like 8gb on 64bit XP

if this build is going to be bought later on, forget prices now. new components and revision are made frequently so wait untill maybe a couple of weeks before u r ready to buy.

Hm, I guess I'll see right before buying it on whether vista 64bit has improved, if it hasn't, then I will look at getting 3 GB of RAM, because if 32bit only recognizes 3.25GB of the 4GB, then don't ya think something wouldn't work quite like it should? Of course, what do I know, I'm pretty much a novice, the most I've done is upgraded my dad's Dell from 256MB to 1.25GB RAM and gave him a nVidia. Thanks for all of your input!

Because I'm pretty sure the motherboard I picked out does not have a pci-e 2.0. But I might be wrong, it just doesn't say anything about pci-e 2.0 on the specs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom