nv4_disp.dll Error when trying to play DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfmvq83

Solid State Member
Hey,

I'm getting the blue screen when ever i try to play a dvd on my computer.
Amd athlon 64 3200+
1gb ram
160gb hd
Nvidia 8600gt

it says nv4_disp.dll

I have tried installing new codecs, Uninstalling my gpu and reinstalling it with multiple driver releases and nothing has worked. I'm out of ideas, any help is greatly appreciated

yes, go to the website, DLL-files.com - Download all your missing dll-files.

download the nv4_disp.dll file. and then install it according to the notes enclosed in file (usually they go in System or System32 folder of windows). it most probably will fix your problem.

DLL files usually get corrupted or deleted while installing and un-installing programs that use shared DLL's. but, I am surprised that its still giving the Blue screen rather than error. anyway, give it a try. and also restart pc after installing (however will work anyway)

Thanks for the reply, that did not work, i followed the instructions and there was no change in the problem. Any other ideas?

UPDATE YOUR graphics driver and you patch your dvd software.

if still do not work.then go to:

VLC media player - Overview

and download the program and use it,

i too have the same problem.many say it is because of the graphics driver.but they released a patch for it and it should work.

Hey,

I'm getting the blue screen when ever i try to play a dvd on my computer.
Amd athlon 64 3200+
1gb ram
160gb hd
Nvidia 8600gt

it says nv4_disp.dll

I have tried installing new codecs, Uninstalling my gpu and reinstalling it with multiple driver releases and nothing has worked. I'm out of ideas, any help is greatly appreciated
nv4_disp.dll is part of the Nvidia forceware drivers.

Download and install new forceware drivers, and it should go away.

If not, download a program like Driver Cleaner, and wipe your existing drivers, then install new forceware drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom