Help Needed: DDR 3 TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX with QX9650 & MSI X38 Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James007

Beta member
Here are the exact specs of the new components I have bought and installed in my system:
MSI X38 Diamond X-Fi Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX9650 "LGA775 Yorkfield" 3.00GHz (1333FSB)

2 x Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR3 1333MHz Memory CL9(9-9-9-24) DHX Heatsink TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX G (so I have 4 of these, so 4 gig in total)
(all brand new)

I'm getting load of problems, and am now totally stuck and in desperate need of help.

When I turn the computer on, it takes almost 12 minutes to actually start to boot and display anything on the screen. The motherboard has a LCD display, and it's sits on DRAM. I have looked in the motherboard manual and it says when it displays DRAM “Memory is not detected or is found not to be operating properly” If I plug 1, 2,3 or all 4 sticks of Ram, and into different slots, it displays the same error. It even however displays the same error with NO Ram in the motherboard at all when I turn it on. Another thing I have noticed, if I take 3 other sticks of Ram out, it takes around 3 minutes until the computer displays any bios screen or anything, instead of the roughly 12 minutes with all 4 Ram sticks plugged in. When it does eventually boot, it works for a very short while (5-10min) and either just restarts (and takes the 12 minutes again to even start to boot/display anything on the screen) or blue screens with various different errors.
My PSU is a 650 WATT, and I've been using it for a year, and my graphics card is a 8800 ultra, which has been working fine for a month. I've formatted my HD and it's a clean install of vista 32 bit. And I have also set the bios to defaults and optimal settings, but get the same result.
So the only thing I can think of is either I have totally plugged something in wrong somewhere along the line, or either the mother board, or ALL 4 sticks of my ram are faulty!!!??

Please help!!!…I would be eternally grateful :(

Did you win a powerball jackpot? Download memtest86 and run that, sounds like either the memory or board has issues.

If its giving you the same issue without any memory at all in it, i'd be leaning more towards a defective board. Have you tried it with only the cpu and power supply plugged in yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom