Upgrading to a high-end monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
that acer would be the one i got ;) and i'm in love w/ it.. 2ms response time!! yeeehaaaaa cowboy!!!!!

and my gtx plays everything maxed out on 1920x1200... that being Gears of War, Team Fortress 2, Portal, COD4... but as for Crysis.. everyone knows that thats impossible to max out

l_38896f9e99f2ef5216ec932a6d4b07ee.jpg

look at that beautiful monitor!!!

love the speakers, I have the same ones. They are so nice! Logitech makes killer hardware.

i've only been able to play TF2 and portal on my new 24". its a soyo but hey i got it for $250 on black friday. 1000:1 contrast, and 5ms and 1920x1200. my 7900gs can handle low/med at 1920x1200 with no AA on TF2 and portal. but i usually just go down to 1680x1050 and then i can play high with 2x AA and it does alright, stays in the 30-45 range.

i love my 24" though, i have had no problems so far and it looks really good to me. only problem is its REALLY bright, at 0 brightness its still too bright and i have to adjust the brightness in the nvidia control panel.

Heh ya, my ACER is at 0 brightness and still brighter than my 5 year old 20" viewsonic at 100% brightness.

Look at it this way. As the backlight wears out, you'll be able to just keep turning the brightness up. So in theory it will last longer.

I think theres a lot more to consider here than just the price. I read reviews for 3 days before choosing a new 19" lcd for my upstairs pc. I was absolutely astounded at the result. The color depth, clarity, and beauty is awesome, so much better than all the crap i see at the store. I suggest you read up before just purchasing something for the price.

Thats why you don't research:D then you have nothing to compare to...

SO when I pick up my 24in. acer I will be able to compare it to my worn out 4:3 19in.

lol ^^

I am doing a lot of research, but I also wanted to ask people what they recommend because often times an honest recommendation from a long time user is better than an article from a reviewer who only had the monitor for a limited time before his review was due (what with deadlines and all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom