Upgrading to a high-end monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the dell ultra sharp. I recommend it for all intents and purposes. It has served me very well. As for a graphics card, I am running Crysis, just earlier at 1900x1200 with full effects without AA, and I am using a 8800 GTS, superclocked. I am about to pick up a second, cant wait to run SLI. basically, I recommend the ultra sharp.

I have the acer 24" and havent had any issues with it. Its definately a lot less expensive than the dell or hp monitors.
Acer - 24" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor - X241WSD

That one, although i only paid 350 for it when it was on sale and came with a 50 dollar gift card (coupon mailer)

Edit also, the specs on their site are wrong. Its 5ms response, 1000:1 contrast and has 1 dvi 1 dsub.

oh, dang...i wish that deal was around for me when i bought my 22" acer.
lol im already thinking of getting a 24".
i also bought an evga superclocked 8800gt heh. will be here tommorow yay.
will bench 3dm06 in sli before i ship my asus off to whatever ebay yahoo buys it.

I have the 24" Dell Ultra Sharp and the same graphics card you have, no complaints. I have the satellite connected to it also and use the PIP while I surf. I like the USB and card reader built in also. Can't compare it to the others other than price which is high, but I like it, a lot. By the way, Dell is about 1 month out on these as they are out of stock and behind on orders for it. Must mean something.

I meant to mention this before, but its worth the extra money to buy a monitor at a local merchant just to check it for dead pixels.

Ya, either the acer or the samsung.

Staples has the Acer with HDMI input and 3000:1 contrast ratio dynamic for $380...

Here is a link to the 24in. samsung

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 245BW Black High Glossy 24" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustment 400 cd/m2 1000:1 (DC 3000:1) - Retail

that acer would be the one i got ;) and i'm in love w/ it.. 2ms response time!! yeeehaaaaa cowboy!!!!!

and my gtx plays everything maxed out on 1920x1200... that being Gears of War, Team Fortress 2, Portal, COD4... but as for Crysis.. everyone knows that thats impossible to max out

l_38896f9e99f2ef5216ec932a6d4b07ee.jpg

look at that beautiful monitor!!!

Some places will, but if you buy it local you can return it a lot easier if it does have dead pixels rather than shipping it back and hoping for the best.

Acer makes good lcds at an affordable price, i bought mine off newegg last year and no dead pixels still to this day. I want a 22" myself, 24 is overkill for me and i got a 32" sharp lcd i can use already if i want lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom