New Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
I am planning to buy a 24" monitor after Christmas (me being a Hindu, i don't celebrate Christmas, and prices are generally cheaper afterwards anyway :p) so i was just wondering, do you think my system can take on a 1920x1200 gaming (AA is optional, AF 8x) with a gts, or will my PD bottleneck the system even though this is more graphically tied?

Will it be able to run games like Company of Heroes or Bioshock at higher than 20fps (i cant play with anything lower). I also play far cry and rise of legends - will they work at 1920x1200 as well?

And....is it worth the upgrade? (i might get a new pc about my bday - march 15th) I currently have an Acer AL1916W (1440x900), and can max all my games on DX9 mode - even crysis, though i have to reduce the res to 1280*800 for it to run without BSOD-ing every minute :p

Ya I would forget buying the new monitor until you get the new system. Get it all in one go. A quadcore and R700/RV670 build would actually be able to cope on that res. I think that your current system would struggle to keep up on a 24" monitor as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom