Just lapped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, my temps were annoying me, so i pulled the TRUE yet again, noticed that with it horizontal i had a clear cut area that was making better contact than the rest of the heatsink. So after 15 minutes of fighting with the fan to get it remounted back to vertical, my temps are now 35/33/32/33 which is what i wanted. I'm now getting consistent temps across the board. Apparently it was colder than i thought on saturday night.

Edit: heh just as another observation, now that i remounted the heatsink, making no other changes, when i load world of warcraft, i went from 50C on core 0 to now only 40C on core 0. woot, lapping seems to actually have worked out. Also, for once, the temps of the cores are actually roughly equivalent to what their usage is. Before lapping, cores 0 and 3 would always be hotter than cores 1 and 2 even at lower usage, now they are all within 1-2C at idle and well within ranges at usage.

my core #2 usually runs the coolest..the other 3 stay within 2-3* of each other...i thought about re-lapping my Tuniq and then doing the processor also.

Ya, up until i turned the sink 90 degrees i was still having core temps higher on the outside cores than the inner cores, but once i noticed that the most pressure was being applied the wrong direction, now everything is well within what it should be. Definately happy i lapped everything.

Yet more edit (since im not a postcount whore like some people):

Running at 4ghz on the TRUE @ 1.475v and 43/43/39/40 at idle temps. 3dmark just crashed on me so i bumped the voltage, gonna try again.

I've used the TRUE on an AM2 and 775 and it fits MUCH tighter on the AM2. I was pretty disappointed with how loose the fit is on 775.

I've used the TRUE on an AM2 and 775 and it fits MUCH tighter on the AM2. I was pretty disappointed with how loose the fit is on 775.

I bent the mounting bracket to get more pressure. Made quite a bit of difference. Getting the fan remounted was a giant pain though.

Did you bend the backplate bracket or the bracket that goes between the heat pipes? I'm guessing it was the latter. I'm wondering if just a 1/16" silicone washer or something would work.

We don't have it countered with a lab, just straight up lecture. My professor wrote the book and taught my friends dad... It's fairly dry lol.

that's lame. of course it's boring if you don't apply it. We watch F1 clips in class and stuff to keep it exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom