my last build (need help with case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
ok i picked the insides of my new pc but not the thing that houses it, the mabys at the bottom might go in if i get the cash so tell me what you think and suggest a case

just for refrance i will be plugging this in to a samsung hdtv that can handel 1080i

cpu - AMD Phenom Quad 9600 2.3GHz (Retail AM2+) - Aria Technology

mobo - MSI K9A2 PLATINUM 790FX (AM2+) - Aria Technology

memery - Corsair 4GB PC2-6400 C5 XMS2 DHX (4x1GB) - Aria Technology

HDD - 500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 32MB ST3500320AS 7200RPM - Aria Technology

gpu - Asus Extreme HD 2900 XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E - Aria Technology

cpu fan - Thermaltake CL-P0257-01 Blue Orb II - Aria Technology

Mabys

Blu ray and hddvd player - LG GGW-H20L Blu-ray Disc Rewriter & HD DVD ROM Retail Kit - Aria Technology

card reader - 52 in 1 Card Reader Black with USB - Aria Technology

I dont thisnk that there are any 8800GT in stock on that website (may be wrong). On the other hand, the are 6 3850s, they are still very able cards.

I dont thisnk that there are any 8800GT in stock on that website (may be wrong). On the other hand, the are 6 3850s, they are still very able cards.

they are in stock but looking at that info from toms hardwear i am leaning towards a Q6600 on OC

just looking at the fps on the graphics cards, it looks like for £100 more then what i was going to pay for that 1 card i can sli 2 GT cards and get 107 fps minimum before OC

This is sort of off topic, but when you guys post a response to anyone building a new PC, you always suggest one big hdd. Is it not better to have one really fast boot drive and then a slower storage? What are the downsides to that, and what are the upsides? What about two smaller ones in RAID?

This is sort of off topic, but when you guys post a response to anyone building a new PC, you always suggest one big hdd. Is it not better to have one really fast boot drive and then a slower storage? What are the downsides to that, and what are the upsides? What about two smaller ones in RAID?

RAID= 2x more likely to lose all data. Speed difference hardly noticeable. Harder to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom