New 8800GTS 512MB (G92) Tested and Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sorta thought about this ahead of time and got a 3850 and am going to xfire it with a 3870 which seemed to be right on par with the GT and better then both the GT and the GTS G92 in some areas. and also considering the pricing I think getting either 1 3850 and 1 3870 or 2 3870s would give more performance for around $100 more then the GTS G92.

Also people who are thinking about getting the GTS G92, keep your eyes out for the 3870 X2 which I believe is coming out early 2008 and depending on the price could totally blow the GTS G92 out of the water.

well I didn't come up with it so it's not mine to give to you. were not selling the brooklyn bridge or anything, lol. but yeah I got it from Apok and he hasn't gotten angry at other people for using it so go for it. lol.

also I needed a cheap card to fit my budget of >400 and the card fit perfectly.
and tbh i couldn't be happier.

Also people who are thinking about getting the GTS G92, keep your eyes out for the 3870 X2 which I believe is coming out early 2008 and depending on the price could totally blow the GTS G92 out of the water.

Also people who are thinking about getting the 3870 X2, keep your eyes out for the Nvidia 9 series which I believe is coming out on February 2008 and depending on the price could totally blow the 3870 X2 out of the water

and what about the new 4790 thats gonna come out later that could totally blow the nvidia 9 series out of the water....

point is its a useless discussion and will go on forever, the new nvidia cards will beat ati and then the new ati cards will beat the new nvidia and so on and so forth until we die.

but yes the new 9 series coming out has the potential to beat the 3870 2x. but right now the 3870 2x will have the upper hand due to the fact that its essentially a xfire setup on one board and i believe a 3870 in xfire setup has better benchmark numbers then 1 8800GT and 1 8800GTS G92

and what about the new 4790 thats gonna come out later that could totally blow the nvidia 9 series out of the water....

point is its a useless discussion and will go on forever, the new nvidia cards will beat ati and then the new ati cards will beat the new nvidia and so on and so forth until we die.

but yes the new 9 series coming out has the potential to beat the 3870 2x. but right now the 3870 2x will have the upper hand due to the fact that its essentially a xfire setup on one board and i believe a 3870 in xfire setup has better benchmark numbers then 1 8800GT and 1 8800GTS G92

didnt seem to work out that way for the 2900 series :p

and lets not forget that the 3870x2 is single pcb singl slot, which means better communication!!! i'm excited to see how it does.. as well as the 9 series... i hope these next cards are impressive as the 8 series were after the 7.... and not how lame the jump from 6800 to 7800 was

didnt seem to work out that way for the 2900 series :p

and lets not forget that the 3870x2 is single pcb singl slot, which means better communication!!! i'm excited to see how it does.. as well as the 9 series... i hope these next cards are impressive as the 8 series were after the 7.... and not how lame the jump from 6800 to 7800 was

You beat me to it. It didn't work for the hd 2 series or the hd 3 series yet or most likely ever (I doubt the flagship hd 3 series will outperform the 8800ultra). Who knows with ATI anymore, but at least they are putting out quality parts now.

You beat me to it. It didn't work for the hd 2 series or the hd 3 series yet or most likely ever (I doubt the flagship hd 3 series will outperform the 8800ultra). Who knows with ATI anymore, but at least they are putting out quality parts now.

the 3870x2 should do it.. but i don't wanna even consider that fair game when its 2 procs on one pcb.. thats like comparing dual socket opterons w/ a single opteron (considering all are single core opterons or something)

but i guess when it comes down to price.. who cares? lol

I hope the HD3870X2 isn't a flop. For me, it's probably going to come down between the G92 8800GTS and the 3870X2. But one thing's for sure; I need something big and bad, because I only have one PCI-E x16 slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom