Phenom and Mobo availability, 8800 GTS G92 specs revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
*READ WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING*

DailyTech - Leaked AMD Memo Sheds Light on Phenom CPU, Motherboard Availability

"An AMD internal memos hows the AMD Phenom 9700, 2.4 GHz processor is slated for mid-December availability. Allocation for the Phenom 9600 running at 2.3GHz has been pushed back to a Q1 2008 date.

The Tech Report, in an interview with AMD's desktop product marketing manager Michael Saucier, confirmed an erratum for all Phenom processors that will cause the system to hang due to an L3 cache miss. The Tech Report claims this fix will degrade performance as much at 10%.

The mainboard favored by AMD, the MSI K9A2 Platinum is impossible to get currently since it is out of stock. MSI confirmed to DailyTech that this board will start shipping again next week, and that the board itself is not with any defect, but just in high demand and low availability."

8800 GTS 512mb G92 specs:
8800 GTS 512 G92 added to NV website :: TweakTown

"As you already know, default clock speeds put its core clock at 650MHz with memory clock at 1000MHz and shader clock at 1625MHz which is a full 125MHz faster than the uber high-end 8800 Ultra."

ur gonna have to zoom in to see the specs, but it's there. Unfortunately, Nvidia took it down off their site, so tweaktown was able to get a shot of it.

well there u have it, the 9700 comes out mid-December n the 9600 comes out Q1 2008. Talk about luck, now i can get the Phenom 9700 for Christmas instead of getting the 5000+ Brisbane Black Edition! I'm just gonna have to buy it as soon as it comes out.

the errata bug is finally gonna get a fix soon through BIOS update according to The Tech Report, but will drop performance by 10 or so percent, so this sucks for ppl who just got Phenom 9500 n 9600 as long as they dont OC them :(:

Erratum degrades Phenom 9500, 9600 performance - The Tech Report

as for the MSI K9A2 Platinum, as soon as the mobo n Phenom 9700 become available, im gonna purchase them myself as soon as possible *let the refreshing begin!*.

oh n if u guys want to read this, it's from theinquirer stating that Microsoft says the multi-GPU isnt working right, thus showing poor performance in benchmarks n gaming n is working on a fix:

Microsoft does multi-GPU shuffle - The INQUIRER

"The cause, Microsoft says, is that part of a GPU link may incur a small scheduling latency on a new Direct Memory Access (DMA) packet. This is true if the DMA packet is submitted to the GPU that has previously run out of work and if another GPU in the linked configuration is very busy."

Discuss

EDIT:

a new article from dailytech indicates that the Phenom 9700 will have the errata bug, but yet they r still releasing it at 2.4GHz? WTF?! They say the 9900 will not carry the errata bug, but is will in fact be B3 stepping. However, B3 stepping will not happen until around 'March 2008'

great, looks like i have to get that AMD Athlon 64 x2 AM2 5000+ Brisbane Black Edition after all. Saves me more time to get the money too.

DailyTech - Understanding AMD's "TLB" Processor Bug

Just an FYI Dont click the unquirer link they had a trojan on thier website. *thank you nod32 and the itnernet*

Just an FYI Dont click the unquirer link they had a trojan on thier website. *thank you nod32 and the itnernet*

no it doesnt u idiot! If u dont want to read it, then dont read it. I only posted it here because it sounded interesting n im willing to know if it true or not.

So phenom is already slower than Core 2 clock for clock, now there will be a further decrease in performance up to 10%

Great.

but are they not working on a fix that could completely alter the outcome of benchmarks?

or is this just b******* like every other 'bug' they have

You'd be more convincing if you spelled correctly.

theinquirervirus2.jpg

theinquirervirus1.jpg

Any techPowerUp! readers who also read The Inquirer may want to stay away from The Inquirer for a while after reports that the site is infected with a virus. According to NOD32, the virus is a variant of the BAT/Emilia.D trojan, although the screenshots would suggest that this could be result of heuristic proection rather than a confirmed infection. The screenshots from VR-Zone are below, so I'd recommend that you don't go to the Inquirer for at least a few hours to be on the safe side, and if you do then make sure your virus software is up-to-date.

ARticle

I wasn't saying you were wrong, just that spelling correctly and using proper punctuation and grammar goes a long way towards your credibility and people's assumptions about your intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom