wrong pass:locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Hey very big problem i am the only user (administrator) and i created a password and i am sure as hell it was "nopes" and i had to repeat it and i did the same thing! Were can i retrieve or unlock the account otherwise i am screwed for the rest of the summer becuase my cousin has my winxp disk. Please help... i am kinda running a home host for my website...

you said your password was "nopes"

try doing "nepos" or something like that . . .

cause maybe you misspelled it

i don't know about windows xp, but i know in windows 98 and 95, you can go into the dos prompt before windows starts and u delete the ".pwl" file, i think it's in the windows directory but i'm not sure. this will get rid of the password and let ur computer boot

You can also try tooling around in safe mode, but don't believe me if you think otherwise, as this is just a guess.

zavod said:
You can also try tooling around in safe mode, but don't believe me if you think otherwise, as this is just a guess.

There is nothing special about booting into Safe Mode that will retrieve a forgotten admin password. Raiden, i remember two threads in the past month that related to your same situation. Try a search... you'll find my responses there.

Ok well i found 2 posts 1 that a kid was trying to break into his dads admin account and the other about the same problem happening to you and that you had to use 3'rd party software. Please note: it is my computer and i am very sure my parents wont care if i try to carck my own computer that i bought with my money.

BUT will that pass recovery software i listed above work for my machine? Becuase if so i will get my friend to make a disk for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom