AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on another forum someone has managed a 2.9ghz clock on a waterchilled system with 1.56vcore and it's unstable.
Which is a B2 stepping quad that, as is already well known, is buggy. B2's don't clock as high as they should.

Hardly impressive. Also only scores about 1400 points higher than my Dual Core in GeekBench....and this is all on a 790X mobo.
What were you expecting? you have a Core 2 Duo at 3.6GHZ.

The new amd's are quite fast! The price isn't too shabby either. However, because of the hype, we all expected super duper #"s over the intel's. Those #'s aren't impressive, imo.
Intel is still leading. Oh well, amd was just teasing us all.

tbh I think once they get all the sh** worked out with the ATI merger they will start putting out better stuff, but until then Intel and nVidia have the upper hand.

well i just think from a business stand point not a lot goes on as far as advancements go when there is an acquisition or a merger taking place, so they really haven't had the opportunity to really do all the R&D that Intel + nVidia have been able to do. And once they get their stuff worked out they will be able to compete and put out stuff that will be like the original x2's vs the P D's.

right, I'm just sort of lumping them together to show that they (as individual companies) have the upper hand over ATI + AMD

well i just think from a business stand point not a lot goes on as far as advancements go when there is an acquisition or a merger taking place, so they really haven't had the opportunity to really do all the R&D that Intel + nVidia have been able to do. And once they get their stuff worked out they will be able to compete and put out stuff that will be like the original x2's vs the P D's.
who have both not had a merger to slow down their R&D like AMD and ATI

But considering how hard the merger for AMD and ATI was, they've done well.

right which is exactly my point. ATI and AMD have had lots of other things on their platter, as the expression goes, and they have been slightly preoccupied which is why Intel and nVidia products for the most part have the clear upper hand on AMD + ATI products.

Pete said:
ATI and AMD have had lots of other things on their platter, as the expression goes, and they have been slightly preoccupied which is why Intel and nVidia products for the most part have the clear upper hand on AMD + ATI products.
The phrase "complete product integration" just sort of rolls off the tongue, does it not? AMD can do it all in-house now. Yeah, Intel does, too, but I don't see anyone shelling mucho dinero for their "graphics".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom