Upgrading to a high-end monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
I have the acer 24" and havent had any issues with it. Its definately a lot less expensive than the dell or hp monitors.
Acer - 24" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor - X241WSD

That one, although i only paid 350 for it when it was on sale and came with a 50 dollar gift card (coupon mailer)

Edit also, the specs on their site are wrong. Its 5ms response, 1000:1 contrast and has 1 dvi 1 dsub.

that 2 inches takes you from 1650x1080 to 1920x1200. Some people would say an extra 2 inches is worth a few 100 bucks ;)

Yea I wanted the 1080p resolution. You guys think my one GTX will still get good frames on new games with everything maxed out at that resolution? Right now I'm on a 1280x1024 CRT so it will be a pretty big jump, and I was reading an article in PC Magazine where they reviewed the 8800 GT which is pretty close to the GTX, and it got crappy frames rates at 1920x1200 for games like Company of Heroes and World in Conflict. Although it didn't say if it was the superclocked version.

I have the acer 24" and havent had any issues with it. Its definately a lot less expensive than the dell or hp monitors.
Acer - 24" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor - X241WSD

That one, although i only paid 350 for it when it was on sale and came with a 50 dollar gift card (coupon mailer)

Edit also, the specs on their site are wrong. Its 5ms response, 1000:1 contrast and has 1 dvi 1 dsub.

Thanks for the link, it seems to be pretty similar to the Dell and HP monitors but at least I now know with this one it doesn't ghost which was my main concern with the ones I linked to since Dell and HP don't post customer reviews.

I'm running SLI GT cards on my 24" and tbh, a single GT can handle everything except for Crysis, so yes a GTX will be more than enough.

Alright that's good to know and thanks again for the recommendation, I'll probably end up getting that one. But before I make a decision, does anyone else have any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom