Overclocking my 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
Hokay, so I'm slightly bored and don't have anything to do, so I'm going to oc my 4000+ like I was planning to do from my builds conception. So I have a few things I would like to get cleared up and get help with. I = Noob OCer.

I can't change the Vcore voltage, I can see it though, and it's going from 1.29 to 1.31 which is odd. Right now its running at 27 C in the bios, and runs around 40-45C under load. (its stock atm)

I can adjust the CPU clock, but not the multiplier, the NB VCore by .05V, ,.1V and .15V, the CPU HT Voltage Adjust, by the same increments as the NB Vcore. and then a bunch of fan options.

so my thing is, can I flash the bios to a version that will give me more overclocking capabilities cause I know what I have for options kinda blows.

also just any general ideas on how I should go about oc'ing my cpu would be greatly appreciated. gotta up my 3dmark score from 6553 to 7k+ :D

You just need to search for a bios flash on the board.. If you can't find one then all you can do is turn of the cpu's fsb until it isn't stable anymore. Then your done.

alrighty. It looks like I can do a flash and update my bios. So I go to the ECS website, download the latest drivers and put them on a disk and boot from the disk and do what it says to do in the manual.

By flashing my BIOS what exactly will that accomplish? Will it change the settings within my BIOS? Or will it just do some updates.

It may also unlock or give you more options. I know when I flashed the BIOS on my board I had some more options for adjusting ram timings..

With luck it may unlock more voltage control. :)

im testing out to see the limits on what I can do with the board as is.

anybody who uses/used speedfan, which reading is the CPU itself? Everest is giving me the same reading everytime which i am thinking isn't right.

also for speedfan, what is temp2 cause thats pretty hot and its kinda worrying me...

try a program called core temp.. I myself never liked speedfan... my program that came with the motherboard seems the most accurate. But I don't think you have that option.

Compare everest to core temp and speedfan... see if they average.

But if you can't adjust the voltage any. Don't even worry about temps. because more voltage makes more heat, not more mhz.

set it to run at 2.4ghz and run prime95 to see if it passes stability testing.

you wont find a temp program that monitors a brisbane right. at least i never have.
the bios is pretty close, i dont know why there isnt a program that does it.
use lance's idea and get kind of an average...thats about the only way.
what i used to do was turn my pc off for awhile and let it cool completely. then i'd turn it on, check bios temps, then real quick-like check core temp and see how much difference there was. add a couple or 3 degrees for the time it takes to get the temp from core, and there you have it.

its at 2.62 now and is going through prime95. passed the first series of 6 and is on test 4.

sorry i don't really know how prime95 works seeing as its my first time using it. lol.

but so far it seems stable. once it runs for a while longer im gonna run 3dmark on it. see what kind of score increases i can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom