Microsoft Says IE More Secure Than Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, having worked in virus repair and removal... the company I worked for didn't like us showing people firefox or installing it for them, because it hurt business. People who use firefox don't come back in with more viruses to be removed!

you know what? that sound like a good idea. it will keep them in the cycle with me

Just because they have less security fixes doesn't mean that they have less security problems to fix. Maybe they just aren't doing as good of a job fixing problems. Anyway, hacking technology & techniques are constantly changing, so it seems like you would need to stay on top of things and keep releasing fixes as things change. To me it seems like Mozilla is staying on top of things better than MS.

By the way, having worked in virus repair and removal... the company I worked for didn't like us showing people firefox or installing it for them, because it hurt business. People who use firefox don't come back in with more viruses to be removed!

LOL.. proof enough?

revisit bump by me ;)...only because I read this recently after this post. From my eweek subscription I left at home today but hope this closely matches.

Mozilla Uncages Latest Firefox Beta: Firefox Faces Security Vulnerabilities

I really wish people could be more open or honest about things...people should try not to make things so "apple" or "mac" - ish. :D

I'm an MS fan, Windows user/lover, Vista user/lover...they just make products, good enough for people to buy, use, adopt...etc.

I fiddle with various random software...I always find I stay away from software, or "competing" alternatives that claim some false superiority over MS and it's products. Just make alternatives...and good ones at that. People will flock and adopt when things are indeed better, not because a bunch of voices say it's so when it's factually not.

I love you all! :D
Keep things "PC", in the spirit of creativity and freedom of the "personal computer" world and lets not tread on the closed minded and arrogant thinking of those of the Malus domestica persuasion.

:D :p ;)

revisit bump by me ;)...only because I read this recently after this post. From my eweek subscription I left at home today but hope this closely matches.

Mozilla Uncages Latest Firefox Beta: Firefox Faces Security Vulnerabilities

I really wish people could be more open or honest about things...people should try not to make things so "apple" or "mac" - ish. :D

I'm an MS fan, Windows user/lover, Vista user/lover...they just make products, good enough for people to buy, use, adopt...etc.

I fiddle with various random software...I always find I stay away from software, or "competing" alternatives that claim some false superiority over MS and it's products. Just make alternatives...and good ones at that. People will flock and adopt when things are indeed better, not because a bunch of voices say it's so when it's factually not.

I love you all! :D
Keep things "PC", in the spirit of creativity and freedom of the "personal computer" world and lets not tread on the closed minded and arrogant thinking of those of the Malus domestica persuasion.

:D :p ;)

wtf?

we are close minded because we KNOW that firefox is better than IE?

is this the pot calling the kettle black? I think so

you also contradicted yourself about pc. pc were made to have competing software, creativity and freedom, etc.

I dunno i've always used IE and never had a problem. The thing about FF is that sometimes it seems to mask problems.

wtf?

we are close minded because we KNOW that firefox is better than IE?

is this the pot calling the kettle black? I think so

you also contradicted yourself about pc. pc were made to have competing software, creativity and freedom, etc.

hmm, guess my post totally confused you, hehe

You can KNOW that firefox is better, supposedly right? I can listen to a lot of people say it's better, but I also like to look at tech groups that reveal it otherwise.

and for some reason, you thought my pc comment was against the PC, but you re-supported my comment but...didn't think I said what I said.

I gotta stop trying to make things so complex for some people ;)

I've said it before.....use whatever you like. I personally use IE7 at home almost exclusively and have used IE sicne 2002. I have had exactly 1 virus on my computer. And it was not a problem to get rid of. If you have adequate proterction and a little common sense, you should have no problems. If you like IE, use IE, if you like FF use it, etc. I still say that until Linux, FF, and all the other alternatives are much more widespread and start making the enemies that Microsoft has, they won't be targeted and therefore inherently more secure. When they become the targets, they will get hit just as hard.
Just my $.02.

everybody seem to missed a post by me made last year. you head to this one site. you computer was hijacked and compromised. it didn't happen with ff.

you have to be a rocket scientist to be safe with ie. you can be a dummy on crack and still be safe with ff

name one person computer who was ever compromised with ff. I fix computers for a living. I can name hundred of ie users in the same scenario. IE was never safe

only ms fanboys tech think that ie is safe. they will take 1 ff flaw and say ie is better when ie has 38,000 flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom