$1,300 -- Worth the money? (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crucials perform amazingly for there price because Crucial is a subsidiary of Micron. Yeah the same Micron that makes the D9 memory chips.

Catch my drift...

That 1066mhz ballistix is supposed to be pretty bada*s I would want it for the fact that you can push it that much farther.... These tech forums guys just like to always like to stick to the same thing. :p

for the price, yes, but i would rather go with 800 n OC to 1066 standard for 790FX.

why not get the 1066 and push it to 1200......

how about simply "why"? lol. DDR2 1200? Ram timings are harrrrrdly beneficial in benchmarks. The price difference between DDR2 800 and anything above is better spent on graphics power.

whatever dude...... i would get the 1066 AND the better GPU.... and what is 50 bucks gonna get you? a 8800gt and jumping up to a gtx is not $50...... ????

Okay, everybody else wins just because... [rolls eyes] you guys need to get out more. a lot of poeple run 1066mhz... head over to XS and look for yourself.

with 1066mhz you are more likely to get perfect chips that will do insane speeds like 1400+mhz...but those guys at xs don't run that daily. Those are purely for benching.

Also there's a darn good chance most 5300s will do the exact same. The other week someone I know got 690mhz on the 5300s...thats 1380mhz.

My point is that if you plan on running 1000-1100mhz there's absolutely no point in wasting extra money on 1066 memory when you can get 6400 or 5300 that performs the same for a fraction of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom