Games either freeze or crash my computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayzerwulf

Baseband Member
I recently upgraded my computer and it is practically new now, but I've been having problems whenever I play any game. Sometimes it crashes, freezes, or the game just crashes, but it is mostly the computer crashing. When it freezes I can't do anything unless I press the restart or power button. I used to get the BSOD but not anymore. I forgot what I did to stop it.. I don't even know if I stopped it, it's just not happening again. Anyone have an idea what causes it to crash or freeze? It only happens when I play games. I've googled around and tried some stuff but problem still persists..

My Specs:
Mobo- ECS 671T-M
Processor- Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
RAM- 2 x 1Gb DDR2 667Mhz PC2 5300
Harddrive- 500gb seagate barracuda.. i think
Power Supply- 480W Antec
Video Card- 8800 GT 512mb

Games I play that have crashed:
Garry's Mod
Day of Defeat: Source
Battlefield 2
Team Fortress 2

Freezes sometimes too:
Team Fortress 2
Day of Defeat: Source

Are you overclocking the CPU or GFX Card? Taht could be the cause of this. If you upgraded mother boards have you checked for any kind of updates? Have you updated your video drivers?

my mobo used to be a Intel D915PBL, my processor was a Pentium 4.. I forgot but it was 1 core, I had 2 x 512mb 533mhz DDR2 PC2 4200, 200gb harddrive, radeon x700 pro 256mb. I never overclocked anything, but I got the nvidia 8800gt superclocked edition. I also made sure all my drivers were updated. I'm pretty sure they all are updated.

I got a new harddrive and just installed nvidia drivers when I put it in. My old harddrive with the ATI drivers is on another computer now.

Then it could be the Video Drivers. Are you using Vista or XP?

NVIDIA Forums

Check the nvidia forums. I know that there was a lot of posts about the 8800 series drivers still being buggy. Maybe they will have a better answer since they develop the drivers. ;)

Umm, anyone know about the Antec line? can a 480W Antec PSU provide enough power for a superclocked 8800GT and a Q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom