need help deleting "the 'roots' of an Os operation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
I just installed a new windows, but when i installed, i made some mistakes, I restarted the computer at the middle of the opperation, when NT installation was trying to install all the third party drivers and other supporting files, so i redo all the operation again and "another" Os is installed, though, when i start the windows, there was two options before the windows started, one is the fully installed window, another option was called "previous operation at c:" , that make the start up much slower, is any one had any idea how can i dellete that "previous peration"? thanks in advence!

if your build if fesh enough, why not just start over again. Reformat the drive and then install without the reboot.

**WARNING ALWAYS MAKE A COPY OF SYSTEM FILES BEFORE CHANGING THEM**

But if you are installing nt/2k/xp then check a file called boot.ini. it will be the the main drive root level. Look for the other refernce and then remove it from the file. That should clear up the option.

it looks like is can see that operation under msconfig in boot.ini, though, I can't delete it or do any change(s) to it, if i can delete it, i think the problem is solved. The line is called: C:\="previous operation sysetem on C:".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom