$1,300 -- Worth the money? (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 2 cents:

agree with the above, 2x crucial ballistix 800mhz(6400), 4Gb is overkill.

corsair HX520 is perfect, no ripple and more than enough (the rig below uses around 230W at full load)

Original HSF a lot of cash for something thats not too great. Arctic 7 for budget (but struggles with a q6600 at high overclocks), or TT120 for high performance

Random case, but its your choice. Don't forget a DVD/RW. Looks good otherwise. Try and get a G0 stepping Q6600 (SLACR)

...........you know the Crucial Ballistix 5300 is 6 dollars more than those and about a bajillion times better.

u mean better as in OCing? If u think so then i will get the Crucial Ballistix instead.

is Crucial Ballistix the best DDR2 800 SDRAM out on newegg?

replace the Western Digital with a higher quality drive
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
the windtunnel is fine
but remember it doesn't come with all the fans for a effective intake/exhaust
system.
think you gotta add a 120mm in the front not sure tho
i suggest researching for a review on it

doesnt the 7200.10 necessarily mean that this Seagate HDD is slightly faster for the price it is worth?

i want to get the 250GB one because it is cheaper.

u mean better as in OCing? If u think so then i will get the Crucial Ballistix instead.

doesnt the 7200.10 necessarily mean that this Seagate HDD is slightly faster for the price it is worth?

Yes, they are amazing overclockers. I have the 5300s and am running them @ spec in sig. My set also do 1000mhz 2.05v 5,5,5,15....1000mhz 4,4,4,10 2.15v

Max they have done is 1200mhz....I'm pretty sure those patriots won't do the same.

oh and the 320gb drive is more expensive than the 250gb because it uses 160gb platters as opposed to 125gb platters on the 250gb. In other words, the platters are more dense so it results in a faster drive.

At elast go with DS3R of DS3L

Umm get Crucial Ballistix for 50 dollars and overclock them to that spee and you get 4GB :eek:

Change your heatsink to at least artic pro 7.

Why? The only difference is the RAID support, a slightly bigger Northbridge heatsink and a couple of extra SATA ports, everything else is identical. It's not worth the extra money if you're not going to use any of those features...

i don't think so, but it is high performing
HZ's might outperform them but they're spendy

not sure what you mean but $5 for a slightly faster, more reliable drive it is worth it in my opinion

Yes, they are amazing overclockers. I have the 5300s and am running them @ spec in sig. My set also do 1000mhz 2.05v 5,5,5,15....1000mhz 4,4,4,10 2.15v

Max they have done is 1200mhz....I'm pretty sure those patriots won't do the same.

nice, what about my question of the RPM speed of 7200.10 if that is really how Seagate sets their 7200 HDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom