Will this work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsteenoven

Solid State Member
My friend helped me pick some parts for my computer build, He said he thinks theyre all ok and they work with each other etc, But he said to ask at a forum or something, so here i am.

Are all these parts compatible with each other etc, and is that all the parts i need?

scrnshotha2.png

Im not bothered about if you think its crap or anything, But I dont have too much money to build it. And I want Windows Xp, so dont tell me to get vista please.

I'd appreciate a fast answer if possible :)

Ps: Im british

I would strongly recommend you get a PSU besides the one that comes with the case. Case PSUs rarely work well.

I would also try to upgrade your Processor, that's a little outdated, but it should work.

No one on this forum will tell you to switch to Vista, neither will anyone with half a brain :) :p

If it's possible, I would try to get an EVGA card instead of Novatech. Also, if you can, I'm pretty sure the 8000 series cards are coming down in price, so that might be something to look at. If not, EVGA 7900GS KO is the way to go for your video card.

If you get a PSU, which you probably should, you won't need that power adapter.

MOBO looks fine, but I'm pretty sure DDR2800 is just as cheap as 667 now. I would also recommend that.

Overall looks ok, besides of course, the stuff I listed. And that doesn't mean it's bad, there are just some minor upgrades you can make for cheap :)

Good luck with the build

:)

~snake~

I would strongly recommend you get a PSU besides the one that comes with the case. Case PSUs rarely work well.

I would also try to upgrade your Processor, that's a little outdated, but it should work.

No one on this forum will tell you to switch to Vista, neither will anyone with half a brain :) :p

If it's possible, I would try to get an EVGA card instead of Novatech. Also, if you can, I'm pretty sure the 8000 series cards are coming down in price, so that might be something to look at. If not, EVGA 7900GS KO is the way to go for your video card.

If you get a PSU, which you probably should, you won't need that power adapter.

MOBO looks fine, but I'm pretty sure DDR2800 is just as cheap as 667 now. I would also recommend that.

Overall looks ok, besides of course, the stuff I listed. And that doesn't mean it's bad, there are just some minor upgrades you can make for cheap :)

Good luck with the build

:)

~snake~

I agree with snake on everything he said. Also snake, his mobo only supports up to ddr667. Also leave the processor. That one should be fine. Its a great chip, and it not outdated at all.

yeah, I didn't look at his MOBO before I made comments.. lol woops.

And as far as the chip goes, I usually get AMD chips in that class. Sooo, yeah, overall though, it should be a decent build.

Good luck :)

~snake~

Ok ive sorted it, I ordered the following parts. Bear in mind i am going to be taking out the crappy psu from the case, and replacing it with the one i ordered. The cable is just incase there wasnt one, it didnt cost much. I also took out the windows xp as im going to aquire it from somewhere else for cheaper.

Is it any good?

computerbuildjv9.png

Looks good :) glad you ordered a PSU:D

I've fried to many parts with a bad PSU lol.

I hope it's only light gaming though, that's a nice card and board, but as far as gaming goes... don't expect to play Oblivion anywhere near the top of the spectrum.

Have fun building it:) I'm taking it this is your first build? if it is, you'll have fun!

Good luck!

~snake~

Yes its my first build for myself, But ive helped my friend before.

I wasn't expecting to play on full spec on games, I prefer to lower the graphics for best performance. And im on a pretty tight budget, Bear in mind i still have to buy monitor, keyboard etc.

Is that a 1GB kit (that is, 2 x 512 MB) or are you possibly ordering two sticks of 1GB? That's a dual channel memory board, but it requires two matching sticks of RAM in order for that to kick in. (It will do it automatically so long as you put in matching pairs.) The difference between dual channel and single channel is quite noticeable.

If you have to add a second 1GB RAM DIMM, that's not a bad thing. I wouldn't build a gaming PC with less than 2GB of RAM. It's just painful otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom