VGA drivers- 16color- SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
hey, this is still about that old Toshiba 2510CDS laptop. Today i had a look at it and the problem is that it only has 16colors (running win 98). I downloaded a driver off the internet which "claimed" to be the VGA driver for this model.

And today when i tried transferring the "300kb zipped vga driver" with my USB drive, the win98 OS did not recognize the "USB". therefore i was unable to see if ....this driver would have worked.

Anyways, does anyone have a clue as to how i can get around this problem. The only chance i have now, is burning the driver files on a cd and installing it.
But im still not sure if the dirver i downloaded is correct.

Driver file:ct4142.zip

Did you install the USB Driver for yout laptop? Windows 98 didnt support USB right out of the box. That was a extra driver install.

Yeah...., its not my laptop i just wasn't thinking about the whole USB compatibility with 98. The problem still stands and i need help in finding out what i should do!.
Somebody?

edit~please.....;(

Another thing to think about is that VGA is only 256 colors. If you want the full spectrum, you might need to find SVGA drivers.

As i SAID you have to get the USB drivers. If not you will be stuck burning it to a CD. I have already gave you your options. What more help do you need?

No internet "or" anyother method of transfer on that pc other than cd. If i cant get the VGA drivers on there i cant get the USB ones. Im just looking for the Proper drivers for this model.

Svga eh? ahk....so what do i do/look for?

find your svga drivers and the usb drivers and burn them to a cd to transfer to your laptop. You won't be able to get around burning one cd, but after that you will be able to use your usb port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom