Virtual RAM hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are ways to get oblivion running on older graphics cards or integrated cards, just search for it. I know the got it running on a Geforce 2 card. But seriously, dont expect much.

As for allocating more memory to the card, i would say its probably not possible if it is handled by the bios. You would probably need a hacked bios flash, which i would never do...

It's a laptop, I can't get a new one. I'm stuck with what I have. To replace it I have to get a whole new motherboard (Eep!) I don't even know if they have a better board that will fit in my model.

Have you heard of Oldblivion?
Its pretty good. Check the screenies, the graphics stay fine but it will actually be playable ^__^

I'm gonna try this. Thank you SO MUCH!! All these other guys keep telling me the same thing. I want an answer, not a bunch of reaffirmations of something I already know!

*hands you the bag of digital cookies promised earlier*

All these other guys keep telling me the same thing. I want an answer, not a bunch of reaffirmations of something I already know!

Okay buddy excuse me for trying to help you, if you already knew the answer you were gonna get maybe you shouldn't have posted here and insulted people when you got that answer.

I'm gonna try this. Thank you SO MUCH!! All these other guys keep telling me the same thing. I want an answer, not a bunch of reaffirmations of something I already know!

*hands you the bag of digital cookies promised earlier*

I do believe Peter gave you an answer,

More memory won't help, a better graphics core will.

You just chose not to listen.

You ask us to help you get more video RAM, and we say it won't work. You say it will work. Don't ask for help here unless you're going to listen to the people that help you.

you probably can't change the video card on your laptop. In bios with an integrated gpu like that you can say how much ram you want to dedicate.

you'll have to use Oldblivion or spend a couple hours going through a guide like this to tweak each setting individually down real low so you can get decent fps, Oldblivion is probably the easiest option you have TweakGuides.com - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Tweak Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom