true quad core processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
i know intel quad cores cheapest line up is faster and cheaper than the most expensive amd quads, but my question is amd says its the first consumer processor thats true quad core???

well its not a gimmick because its true. intel is a quad core but it isn't 4 cores, its 2 and 2. so amd is just playing the technicality game.

It's a gimmick because it doesn't bring AMD's performance above Intel, when they use it as a reason to choose AMD over Intel

they dont say it outperforms intel (any more lol). they say it is a die with four seperate cores on it.
by the way, the "most expensive" AMD quad is like...250 bucks?

It's no false statement. It is really 4 cores in one chip. It is "true" quad core lol, but now rather it outperforms intel's "artificial" quad cores, is a different story.

so really the amd quads are better architexture from the intel quads?

There are certainly benefits associated with having a native quad core processor...but so far they aren't enough to bring AMD ahead of Intel.

Things may change with some new revisions though, only time will tell...but I for one am doubtful.

It's no false statement. It is really 4 cores in one chip. It is "true" quad core lol, but now rather it outperforms intel's "artificial" quad cores, is a different story.

2+2 = 4. 4 cores = true quad core. Now "native" quad core is a different story. And just going by the benchmarks, the phenom x4 isnt bringing anything spectacular to the table by being a native quad core.

2+2 = 4. 4 cores = true quad core. Now "native" quad core is a different story. And just going by the benchmarks, the phenom x4 isnt bringing anything spectacular to the table by being a native quad core.

By "true", I'm sure he means "native". Don't be picky. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom