Upgrading, See any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
I'm upgrading my pc which will be used mostly for gaming, I've decided what i should already get, but I want to double check that the parts I'm purchasing go with my current parts that i will be integrating vice versa. (I have double checked them but just encase i missed something)

If you see any problems then reply.

MB- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

RAM - Kingston RAM 2G-Kit DDR2-800 , PC2-6400 CL5 240-Pin DIMM Kit [KVR800D2N5K2/2G]

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6550, LGA775, 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache 1333Mhz FSB OR Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750, LGA775, 2.66GHz 4MB L2 Cache 1333Mhz FSB

+ My other parts

Sapphire x1950 GT
Western Digital Hardrive (250gig)
430 watt Thermaltake PSU

I will be running Windows XP but will be upgrading to Vista in future.

Anything you see that could be a problem please post

Thank you for the reply peterhuang913

The reason i posted them specific items was because of availability, and the fact i don't have a credit card to order from newegg.

So even though the items you posted where very delicious (6750 for $180 :D ) I cannot get them.

On the other hand why did you mention those specific Motherboards? Do you see something wrong with the PK5C?, or any other items i posted?

These motherboards are the ones that T.F. recommends for system builders. They are the best "bang for the buck" or best value per dollar spent. The P5KC is great but I just wanted you to consider other things. As for the ram, if you can get faster, better ram for cheaper, why wouldn't you? Also, where are you buying from?

looks good to me, however I'd choose different ram. You don't want the ram to limit your OC and I think that kingston might.

Also that PSU is a bit weak....

Perhaps someone else from down under can jump in here and recommend some things that are available over there.

Austin Computers - Home

is where i will be shopping, so if you see any ram that looks better for under or a little above $100 (Preferably 2x1gig sticks) then tell me.

EDIT: Any of these good?

2GB (2x 1GB Kit) Corsair Value Select PC-5300 (667MHz), 240-pin, PC2-5300 DDR2-667 Desktop Memory - $94.77

OR

Corsair [TWIN2X2048-6400 G] 2GB (2x XMS2 1GB) PC-6400 (800MHz) DDR2 RAM, 2x240-pin DIMMs, Non ECC Unbuffered, 5-5-5-12 - $100.68

Also it says something about not being backward compatible with DDR? Will my motherboard support it still? ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Oh and will i need a better PSU? I noticed they cost a little bit so will it be ok with a 430watt? Maybe i should downgrade the cpu to E6650 instead of a E6750?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom