Video card causing short circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysamere

Baseband Member
ok i have a system and when my radeon x1950 pro is in the slot of mobo it cuases a short circuit.. this is a new computeri recently replaced mobo psu and cpu, becuase it was shorting and i was a newb. i did some tests like putting the mobo on card board and psu next to it. i put in stuff one by one and i found that video card was cuasing a short circuit like this, when i plugged it in it wasnt touching anything and even without the molex power connected to it, it would short the mobo. i wonder whats going on and also if video cards are dead, dont the pc still power on just no display? also weird thing is like 2 months ago when all my stuff was old there was the same short, but i somehow when i put mobo on cardboard and vga with old mobo the vga worked..but that mobo had a intergraded card also. that mobo is long gone tho the capacitors leaked and had brown outs on the board.

so, whats up with my vid card? its radeon x1950 pro jetway 512 mb

It would help if you listed more specs. Do you have on board video on this board?

ok these are my specs

Hard drive:
102016 - 200-GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive

cdrom and dvd:
102011 - DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive
102010 - 48X CD-ROM Drive

VGA:
jetway X1950PRO X19PR-ED-512M Native CrossFire pci e

PSU: BRAND NEW
ePOWER EP-ZU-450W ATX12V Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CE, FCC, TUV

CPU BRAND NEW
Intel Pentium 4 631 Cedar Mill 3.0GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65nm Processor stock coolin

Motherboard: BRAND NEW
Asus P5GD1-FMS 775 Intel 915GExp

Case:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GDKF4RW8L._AA280_.jpg

cant be the mobo becuase on the last mobo it did the same thing same short circuit.. question is do cards short circuit when they die or does the system still run without display also how can i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom