Still having problems with AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.
just tried 7.4 and 7.2. Same error...

I'm at a position where I don't know what to do. I don't want to return it because I need it. I can't afford a whole new computer right now either.

If the card was just ordered you could exchange it for a new model. The HD 2400Pro and 2600Pro models are AGP as well or at least one of the X1xxx AGP models. The X850 was the best in that series for gaming.

The latest information I saw when seeing what models were supported when first getting the newer PCI-E model was X1xxx series models and HD 2xxx series DX10 cards. ATI goes through cards faster then NVidia telling me that the 7 and above catalysts are too new for that model despite what somepne at ATI recommended.

Those may be for Vista not XP. I ran into that with the X-Fi Xtreme Audio then Xtreme Gamer where the auto updater and even MS update site saw Vista drivers go on XP. That was seen when XP was selected as the version. I suspect this is why you are having that mcuh trouble getting them to go on. Either too new for that model or for Vista sounds likely.

Finally fixed. ATI had me do a manual install where I select which card it is and they had me go through a long process. It finally worked.

THANKS A LOT to eyeCpc and anyone else that helped me. It was much appreciated.

10 to one it was an older catalyst? Glad to see they finally got the mess straightened out for you. I had a hand full with their 7.9 on a new HD model here lately. Remember to take note on how to do that just in case you need to again sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom