Which cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix219

Baseband Member
I'm building a new gaming rig and I want to get the best performance possible out of it. I'm torn between going with an AMD 6400+ dual core or the Intel q6600 quad core. I'm kind of biased towards AMD because I've had a few of their processors and they've been great, but it seems like the Intel quad core is kicking the crap out of everything these days. I could also get faster ram if I went with Intel. What are your opinions?

EDIT: It's an entirely new build. I'll be using an asus motherboard depending on which processor I choose, 4gb OCZ Reaper ram, 2 250gb western digital sata hard drives, and 2 evga 8800gt's in SLI, along with he other stuff like the case, dvd drives, etc. my budget is flexible but i'd like to keep it under $1800.

If you have the choice, and your Buying a new motherboard.
Then most certainly a Q6600.

Your better off teling us your entire budget, the parts you need and the parts youll be reusing.

I'm building a new gaming rig and I want to get the best performance possible out of it. I'm torn between going with an AMD 6400+ dual core or the Intel q6600 quad core. I'm kind of biased towards AMD because I've had a few of their processors and they've been great, but it seems like the Intel quad core is kicking the crap out of everything these days. I could also get faster ram if I went with Intel. What are your opinions?

EDIT: It's an entirely new build. I'll be using an asus motherboard depending on which processor I choose, 4gb OCZ Reaper ram, 2 250gb western digital sata hard drives, and 2 evga 8800gt's in SLI, along with he other stuff like the case, dvd drives, etc. my budget is flexible but i'd like to keep it under $1800.

Hahaha.. best I am a Fanboy but don't want to admit it statement!

I'm torn between going with an AMD 6400+ dual core or the Intel q6600 quad core. I'm kind of biased towards AMD because I've had a few of their processors and they've been great, but it seems like the Intel quad core is kicking the crap out of everything these days. I could also get faster ram if I went with Intel. What are your opinions?
no competition AT ALL between those two, the q6600 is the way to go

Yeah I have the x2 6400+ Black Edition and its sick, but the Q6600 does beat it. I mean its a quad core verses a dual core. As of right now the x2 6400 can beat it in some programs but as far as overclockability, and future proof the q6600 is a good deal. I like my x2 6400 though. It comes stock at high speds, but i o/ced it a little bit for now. And i got a good deal with a motherboard combo then i sold the motherboard to get this really good motherboard for the same price.

um do you seriously have AF64 with AS5?
thought it came with mx-1 pad...

long story lol, but anyways it got wiped off, cuz i originally used it with my 64 3000+ s939 and i got it o/ced from 1.8 to 2.8ghz with that sucker, but then once i upgraded to AM2, i realized i had no thermal paste lol, so i had to buy some AS5 from my computer store because they didn't have MX1, and i dont want to pay 12 bucks for it on newegg after shipping and taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom