[First Time] Building A Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i will dual boot with linux and XP so i guess i might play some games... what games could i play with that? Counter Strike?

Also my budget is around 400-500. I could go near 600, but i REALLY REALLY do not want to.

What kind of RAM does this baby take?

That card would probably play any game out today. The newest games, like Crysis, wouldn't play on max settings... but I think Counter Strike would be more than fine.

... and was your budget in USD?

if its too powerful, get the x1950gt, i think? not sure

My only worry with an ATI card is that when I was getting help with Linux on the forums... everyone said nVidia was the way to go because they had much better Linux drivers.

okay thanks... yesi ts 400-500 USD. Now what do i use for RAM?

Also, i dont think i need all that graphics card power or whatever. I probably will end up not playing any games/many games.

okay thanks... yesi ts 400-500 USD. Now what do i use for RAM?

Also, i dont think i need all that graphics card power or whatever. I probably will end up not playing any games/many games.

If you're okay with mail-in-rebates, these are the best:
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

If you'd rather just get ones that are cheap with no mail-in-rebate, these are decent:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

And what if i want to dumb down my graphics card? I doubt i will be doing any hard core gaming, if any gaming at all! Probably just games on websites (flash games ect...).

Also thank you sooo much!!!

Its perfect actually. I might tone a few things down to try to save an extra few bucks. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

You wouldnt happen to know any promo codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom