new OS or just use the same old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay the 2nd one is cheaper cause it is Home not Pro like the first link. Home is cheaper than Pro.

As for you original question...yeah. I think XP Pro would be good for gaming. I mean how many games do you knwo dont run on XP? Halo 2, Crysis and a fwe of the newest ones out? Other than that they all run on XP. So any of the older games will be jsut fine.

i couldn't find that it had a service pack but whts in those?

Are you asking what a Service Pack is??

uhm yes what is a servise pack? also, what does pro have that home doesn't making it more expensive, i'm starting to get low on cash and don't wana pay for wht i wont use.

BIG Q- will all games from here on stop using xp and switch to vista?! or am i safe with xp

so from this, what do YOU sugest i get? i only will use my comp for talking to friends, searching forums, school work, and playing games.

Alright well i will say use Google to find out what Service Packs are. I mean they have been around since Windows 98. Basically they are a collectionf of fixes to the OS. I am sorry but if you are building a machine you should at least know this stuff. It is very basic info.

As for Home VS Pro.

XP Home VS XP Pro - Google Search

Yes the games from here on out will use Vista. So if you are a big gamer you will HAVE to switch to Vista at some point.

I suggest Vista cause i dont think it is that bad. Others will disagree with me.

Sorry about the harsh words but XP has been out for almost 7 years and not knowing the difference after all this time. Not knowing what a Service Pack is. Kinda hard to build a PC and not know some of the very basics of the Operating Systems is hard to grasp.

But at least the info is there on Google to find. Dont always have to wait for a answer from someone here. Goggle will be faster.

I have not had any issues with it. I also have used it since it was a Beta and have had plenty of time to work with it. Almost 3 years since it started the Beta to today. So it isnt that hard for me to work with.

The system should handle it just fine. 2GB of RAM is good.

Well it depends. The nVidia bord is decent. The Intel Board by Gigabyte can have more thigns done with it. It will Overclock better it has a better chipset with the Intel P35 in my opinion.

But if you dont care about overclocking then you will be jsut fine with the nVidia board. Be forwarned though. The nforce on teh boards also have a built in firewall. So they can be troublesome at times as well. Plus some of the chipsets by nVidia are known to have issues with either XP or Vista. If the board is Vista Certified then i wouldnt worry about it.

I'm not trying to be rude, but Z e i g, you are asking way too many things that could be figured out by either browsing through all the topics with 400 posts or using google. You have over 100 posts on this forum, so I don't understand why you can't find out pretty much all of this info by yourself...

go to google and type in "difference 64-bit 32-bit" or something. You will learn a lot more by reading up on things like that than asking general questions on a forum.

If you want suggestions on builds, there's plenty of suggestions already in other sections of this site. Also, newegg has user comments which will help you grasp somewhat of an idea of how that particular piece of hardware will perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom