Hey guys, joe here, new member!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone! My name is Joe and I'm 16.I just joined the forum today, i was lurking the last two days and decided this seems like a great place to ask those really confusing tech questions.

I'm going to be buying a new computer in the summer/early autumn next year so i can finally play these new RTS games to their potential. Since i want to try building my own then you people will be sick of me asking the most idiotic questions, such as:

What the **** is thermal paste, what do i put it on?
Overclocking, it scares me, yet it sounds simply, WHAT DO I DO!?!?!
Heatsink? Extra fans, how to a keep stuff cool?

and MANY MANY MORE!!:D

Supreme Commander and FA expansion
C&C3 and it's expansion when it comes out
Universe at War: Earth Assault

also one reason i joined today was to see if anyone would help me with pressing problems with a LCD HDTV, if you can please drop by the xbox 360 gaming sub forum( sorry if it isn't were my query belongs! I'm new!) and save me from pulling my hair out in confusion.

Anyway you guys all sound very friendly and extremely knowledgeable from what I've seen in the gaming computer forum, all your shiny computers make me jealous!

sorry mate not in liverpool, east midlands.

Oh and one question, my query on a LCD TV, i put it in xbox 360 forum because i want to know what tv supports new xbox360 games, but is there part of this forum that relates to tvs more?

Maybe monitors since LCD tvs could be monitors

Sadly that area you posted it in would possibly be the best, but give me a idea of your budget an I might be able to recommend something.

im looking for 22-26"

hopefully below £300. I've seen some pretty good stuff on buy it now offers on ebay and some other online retailers. A 23" Lg on ebay is like £240.

Try a Orion 28" the pannels are made by LG it has built in free view an can be used as a PC monitor if needed. there in the £250 - £300 pound range there is some older models knocking around without the free view for around £199 that are a steal.

can you possibly give me a link to one? Ive googled it and not found anything smaller then 32" or bigger then 19"...

Thanks for the help though! I haven't heard of Orion, they ok quality?

hmm i dont want to repeat my xbox360 post here really but...

When choosing HD LCD TVs, most say 50hz or don't mention it at all.

The thing is that new xbox360 games need pal-60 to work, which is 60hz i assume. My current tv only supports 50hz however whe set to pal-60 it manages it but with white lines near the top of the screen, not terrible but a little annoying.

Does that mean i need it to say 60hz or are HD LCD Tvs better at handling it?

also i found this on ebay, any idea if it's good for my 360?

ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS LCD26805HD 26" LCD HD READY TV on eBay, also, Televisions, Consumer Electronics (end time 06-Dec-07 12:02:40 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom